C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

I'm coming back...!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rog   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 09:59pm
C6Dave wrote ...

Hmm, just noticed on the Citroen UK Used Car Search facility that they no longer list the C6 so looks like there will be no more from the Dealer Network with a Citroen Approved Warranty............

So Rich, whatever car you do buy, invest in a good aftermarket warranty like: - Click Here -

I've looked at this a few times Dave, would you recommend them then?
Rog
C6Dave   
Thu Aug 01 2013, 06:21am

Member No: #1
From what I have read on the C4 site, they are reasonably good at meeting claims compared to the rest of the players out there.
Website
Rich   
Fri Aug 02 2013, 04:45pm
Member No: #542
I won't be buying that one as it sold yesterday. So there is only one more out there that I remotely interested in. There is a nice 2006 Exclusive with 64k but I don't want an RT3 head unit again. So the only one out there I like is this one, but the mileage is way higher then I wanted, but its a 2009 which is great (RT4 or RT5 I wonder?) and its not far from me:

- Click Here -
darrell   
Fri Aug 02 2013, 06:38pm
Member No: #699
Rich wrote ...

I won't be buying that one as it sold yesterday. So there is only one more out there that I remotely interested in. There is a nice 2006 Exclusive with 64k but I don't want an RT3 head unit again. So the only one out there I like is this one, but the mileage is way higher then I wanted, but its a 2009 which is great (RT4 or RT5 I wonder?) and its not far from me:

- Click Here -

That car was discussed briefly here
smihaialex   
Fri Aug 02 2013, 07:51pm
Member No: #1031
Looks great! Has Lounge Pack

Sam
Rich   
Sat Aug 03 2013, 10:16am
darrell wrote ...

Rich wrote ...

- Click Here -

That car was discussed briefly here

I am not sure that is the same car as the mileage is much higher? Did the Exclusive have blacked out rear windows?

Rich   
Fri Aug 09 2013, 09:04am
I should be picking up my next C6 tomorrow!! I can't wait! It has higher miles then i would generally like, but with one owner from new, he has maintained it impeccably and all of the important suspension/struts/sphere replacements was done last year to it. That gives me more peace of mind on a higher mileage car then one with say 70k on the clock where they can't answer if its been done or not. The LDS leak has also been addressed. The only thing I'll be missing is the sunroof from my previous model but i can live without that just to be back behind the wheel of this machine again!
darrell   
Fri Aug 09 2013, 06:52pm
Congratulations. Did you get the RT4/RT5 as you were looking for?
Rich   
Fri Aug 09 2013, 07:18pm
No, for the price of just £5,000 I had to make sacrifices, but I am getting a Parrot bluetooth kit fitted to it on Tuesday so partly makes up for it! I had the RT3 before so I'm used to it. I would consider doing a full RT5 upgrade if was easy to do, but i suspect its not as easy as it sounds. Very happy with the colour combination of the deep metallic blue and cream interior. Always liked the thought of that over my previous colour.
darrell   
Fri Aug 09 2013, 09:39pm
With the work done on the car that you mentioned, you could have a bargain there! I sometimes think that high mileage is better in some ways - most C6s will have had good mileage in their early years, but some, mine for example, have been mostly sitting around for the last year or so, which is when things can start to seize up. One owner is good, too.

As is my nature, I was a little hasty in my purchase - but no matter, now I have the ride height and LDS leak sorted out, there are just a few cosmetic things (cross fingers).

My old C5 was (is) mauritius blue with beige (albeit cloth) interior - not easy to keep clean (the interior), but as you say, a very nice combination.

Once again, the best of luck.
Rich   
Sat Aug 10 2013, 08:07am
Well, in 3 hours time I'll know if i have a bargain on my hands or not! I trust the guy. he is very well to do and has spared no expense on the car and just put brand new Michelins all round too. I am keen to see how the cream interior fairs to the the old dark grey interior of my last C6. I found it being the dark colour, it did pick up marks and dirt easily (a bit like a black car does) and my temporary BMW has a cream interior and i find it easier to keep clean. The cream steering wheel is a first for me though but I do like it! Fingers crossed when I report back later, all is well!
Trainman   
Sat Aug 10 2013, 08:44am

Member No: #86
Rich wrote ...
Very happy with the colour combination of the deep metallic blue and cream interior. Always liked the thought of that over my previous colour.

The combination of Blue and Cream is lovely, but maybe I'm a bit biasied as well, given it's the same colour combination as mine.
C6Dave   
Sat Aug 10 2013, 09:04am

Member No: #1
Trainman wrote ...

The combination of Blue and Cream is lovely, but maybe I'm a bit biasied as well, given it's the same colour combination as mine.

Snap...... it's the seatbelts that are what lets it down, as they do get dirty I find and are hard to clean
Website
Rog   
Sat Aug 10 2013, 07:55pm
C6Dave wrote ...

Trainman wrote ...

Snap...... it's the seatbelts that are what lets it down, as they do get dirty I find and are hard to clean

Ditto that!
Rich   
Sun Aug 11 2013, 11:30am
Yes, I was going to ask about that. What do you find best overall to clean the cream interior?

Anyway, the car is just awesome! Still can't believe it was only £5k. If anything, it drives better then my previous one and the gearbox is smoother. So good to be back behind the wheel.

So does anyone want to buy a 12 year old BMW 525i LPG converted for £700?!!
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club