Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Rear window roller blind removal

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
darrell   
Sun Jul 28 2013, 07:49pm
Member No: #699
The things you discover...

There was something in my rear roller blind housing - on roundabouts and sweeping corners, I could hear it skittering from one side to the other. I thought it must be a little screw or bolt, or something like that. This evening I managed to extract the blind & housing, and... lots of little bits of broken glass! Obviously the rear screen has been broken at some point in the car's life.

A tip for removing the blind - the two end caps are secured with little torx screws, but they're not screwed into anything solid, rather through the bottom of little plastic floating U-shaped brackets, which as the screws are tightened, are pulled up and clamp against the underside of the parcel shelf. So if you remove the screws all the way, there is a very good chance that the lttle bracket will drop down into the internals under the shelf.

I had already unscrewed the front of the shelf (the dismantling instructions in the technical documents section here is inaccurate - at least on my car, the 5 "pins" mentioned, to be released with the special tool, are in fact hefty torx bolts) and pulled it up and out a bit, so I was able to find and re-attach the bracket which I lost.

But, I think it would be possible to remove the roller blind housing without releasing the parcel shelf, if you have a stubby enough torx driver. Loosen the screws at either end just enough to lift and move outwards the end caps so that they're no longer holding down the ends of the blind roller housing. Then pull the blind up slightly, so that the rod with the clips is clear of the housing, then get your fingernails in between the roller housing and the parcel shelf, squeeze and lift. The housing will pop out easily.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club