C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Found a new way to "mute" the radio

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Valleybuoy   
Thu Jul 25 2013, 03:41pm
Member No: #1069
Apologies to those of you who know this already - but discovered on way in today, that if you press the Vol+/Vol- pads on the back of steering wheel stalk simultaneoulsy, it mutes the radio/cd. Saves reaching over to the dial. Nice.
smihaialex   
Fri Jul 26 2013, 01:28pm
Member No: #1031
Yes! Knew it... Very useful, indeed

And while we're on the subject of 'easter eggs', did you know that...
- long press on the lock button on the key closes any open window as well as the sunroof (if present)?
- second press on the lock button on the key deadlocks the car - it can't be open from the inside (if deadlock option is present)?
- short pull down on the windscreen wiper stalk immediately after ignition off puts the wipers in the service position and the rear deflector in the max open position (if present)?

Do you know of any other 'easter eggs'?!?

Cheerios,
Sam
BruceB   
Fri Jul 26 2013, 05:18pm
Member No: #234
smihaialex wrote ...
And while we're on the subject of 'easter eggs', did you know that...
- long press on the lock button on the key closes any open window as well as the sunroof (if present)?
Aha, many thanks for that. There was a separate closing button on the C5's key, and I've been bemoaning the absence of that feature on the C6.

Incidentally, a (very) mildly irritating thing about the car is that there is no 'intermediate off', by which I mean that turning the engine off means that the radio/CD goes off as well and must be switched on again. It's a pity to lose continuity when listening to a track or programme - or keep the engine running! Even the most basic, dirt cheapo, cars have a halfway stop.
ChrisHunter   
Sat Jul 27 2013, 09:49am
Member No: #188
IIRC, the C5 button, pressed after locking, also cracked the windows open - so interior didn't get too hot while parked in the sun ...
frenchie   
Sat Aug 17 2013, 06:59pm
Member No: #41
Mine does not open anything on longpress, only close works. Is that a setting some were or are we talking not-on-YM-2008?
e3steve   
Sun Dec 01 2013, 10:33am
Member No: #1163
ChrisHunter wrote ...

IIRC, the C5 button, pressed after locking, also cracked the windows open - so interior didn't get too hot while parked in the sun ...
The C5 "total closure" or "soft close" also features "partial opening", as you correctly state, Chris, along with "total opening" of the drop-glasses simply by giving the button on the remote a second press 'n' hold after the partial opening.

My C6 had a problem during my first summer with it this year, whereby the r/h rear glass wouldn't "one-shot shut" from the driver's door console but was ok when using the r/h rear door switch. In addition, the remote "soft close" invariably led to the same glass commencing closure then backing off about halfway up and fully opening (like it had encountered an obstruction, although the glass's travel is smooth and unimpeded when using the door switch). I found that stripping the driver's console and cleaning the pcb with isopropanol then cured the "one-shot" problem from that switch and, I'd hoped, would also fix the backing-up issue when using the remote. It didn't, although it became less prevalent. That glass does always fully shut with a second go, though, after unlocking then re-locking & holding the lock button.

For the past few weeks the C6 has taken to refusing to fold the door mirrors upon locking the vehicle, too. Not every time, but usually once a day. Same scenario as the r/h rear glass closure: unlock/re-lock and all's well again. Till the next time.....

What miffs me more is the lack of "total opening" on the C6. Unless, of course, I've missed something!
321dave   
Sat Oct 18 2014, 09:55pm
Member No: #614
Hi guys,
I discovered this tip by accident recently. If you don't want to auto fold your wing mirrors as is the norm, you can lock the car, but not fold the mirrors by simply pressing the same lock door button straight after locking the door. Its a bit tricky but does work. The C6 will lock, but not fold its mirrors.

Kind regards
321dave.
e3steve   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 09:01am
Member No: #1163
321dave wrote ...

Hi guys,
I discovered this tip by accident recently. If you don't want to auto fold your wing mirrors as is the norm, you can lock the car, but not fold the mirrors by simply pressing the same lock door button straight after locking the door. Its a bit tricky but does work. The C6 will lock, but not fold its mirrors.

Kind regards
321dave.
Doesn't work on mine. The second press is to operate the car's deadlocking, btw... Break a window but you can't open the car from the inside handles.
321dave   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 12:17pm
Member No: #614
Hi e3steve,
thats interesting! When I mean straight away I mean milliseconds fast. And when it locks i suppose the third press on the fob is deadlock on. Seems to work for me!

Kind regards
321dave

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club