Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2013 - 6/7/8 September.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
black_exclusive   
Sat Feb 09 2013, 07:09pm
Member No: #126
Evening all,

Date for your diary is the weekend of 6/7/8 September 2013 for the best rally of the year...

The location is the usual at Little Horwood, MK17 0PF.

Many of you will know this event and have attended however see here for pics of last year - Click Here -

At the moment this post is just for the dates, and due to it being a while yet further details will be posted nearer the time.

Would love to see more Modern Citroens there this year - please come if you can as it's a fantastic weekend!

Thanks!
black_exclusive   
Mon Jul 01 2013, 10:56am
There's big news about the CX, XM and Xantia Rally. Following the CX Section Committee Meeting that was held at the DSM, we are pleased to announce details for the Rally (6/7/8th September). Please see below for the Rally Advert...

Once again we are proud to announce that both entry and camping all weekend will be free! This free entry is not just to CCC Members either - it's extended to non-members too. We had a cracking turnout last year of over 150 cars which included 22 CXs, 30 XMs and 25 Xantias however we know you can do better...! If possible we'd like to see more than 170 cars over the weekend - it's up to you of course however don't let us down...! It is worth mentioning that a donation bucket will be present for donations at your discretion - this is to help us cover the £300 cost to just hire the site for the weekend.

To kick the rally off on Friday Evening the famous Fish and Chip van will be making an appearance at around 7:00pm to 7:30pm. Once everyone has enjoyed their fish supper then many folk normally have a good natter about all things Citroen related, whilst others break out the jars of infamous pickled eggs and enjoy an alcoholic beverage (or ten...) of their choice...

On Saturday Morning, Buffett Breakfasts will be available at the Shoulder of Mutton Pub from 8am to 10am, as per last year.

At midday on Saturday we will depart for our convoy drive which is kindly going to be organised by Jim Eastment. Jim is organising a scenic route through the lanes and backroads to the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway and upon arrival we will be able to go on a train ride along the line that runs over a 3 ½ mile stretch along the foot of the Chiltern Hills running parallel to the Icknield Way, passing through attractive countryside with some outstanding views across the Vale of Whiteleaf.

On Saturday Evening we will pop down to the Shoulder of Mutton Pub for the Evening Buffet Meal. The cost will be £15 per head and it is an all you can eat buffet arrangement.

Refreshments on the Saturday and Sunday Afternoons will be available in the clubhouse kitchen that include Filled Rolls, Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks.

There will be trophies for Best CX, XM and Xantia present, with rosettes too for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Also there is of course the Roger Bradford “Roger’s Choice” Trophy (the car he would exclaim "Good God" at if he had seen it...) and the Eileen Stearnes Trophy (the car that has been improved the most and deserves special recognition...)

As well as the prize giving on the Sunday Afternoon, there will of course be the raffle.

...and of course the brilliant atmosphere that is only the CX, XM and Xantia Rally!

Don't forget those pickled eggs...

See you there!
Hattershaun   
Mon Jul 01 2013, 06:44pm
Member No: #320
This is good news, I'll be there.
theguardian   
Tue Jul 02 2013, 03:18pm
Member No: #645
im there with some of the ds3 crowd
Trainman   
Tue Jul 02 2013, 05:53pm

Member No: #86
I might be able to make the Friday and Saturday, not sure about the Sunday though.
theguardian   
Mon Jul 08 2013, 08:56am
im there on the Friday steve will be there all weekend, caravan already to go if at all poss has anyone got franklin's mobile number they can pm me
thanks ron
Trainman   
Mon Jul 08 2013, 05:06pm

theguardian wrote ...

im there on the Friday steve will be there all weekend, caravan already to go if at all poss has anyone got franklin's mobile number they can pm me
thanks ron

Drop him a PM, I'm sure he'll reply
black_exclusive   
Mon Jul 08 2013, 06:45pm
Yep no problems Ron, I'll make sure there's a space for you. This year I'll be able to be there earlier on the Friday get set up etc.

Any questions just shout!
theguardian   
Mon Jul 08 2013, 08:53pm
thanks patrick
black_exclusive   
Mon Jul 08 2013, 08:55pm
...Franklin. Dad (Patrick) isn't into forums.
theguardian   
Tue Jul 09 2013, 11:58am
black_exclusive wrote ...

...Franklin. Dad (Patrick) isn't into forums.

sorry its been a long time since we've spoke mate
theguardian   
Wed Jul 17 2013, 08:22am
is Charlie and his new owners coming this year it would be great to see him again and give him a hug ( and before anyone gets the wrong idea Charlie is the monkey in front of the car )
Trainman   
Wed Jul 17 2013, 10:07am

theguardian wrote ...

is Charlie and his new owners coming this year it would be great to see him again and give him a hug ( and before anyone gets the wrong idea Charlie is the monkey in front of the car )

Us get the wrong idea NEVER
black_exclusive   
Wed Jul 17 2013, 05:17pm
When I first saw your post earlier on the phone Ron I thought people might be wondering who Charlie was...

Honest answer is don't know - don't think they're on the forums either.

Here's a pic of Charlie!

theguardian   
Thu Jul 18 2013, 12:35pm
thanks franklin I have that one already mate lets hope he makes it there
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club