C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Pre and post C6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Chevrons   
Mon Jul 29 2013, 09:40pm
Member No: #85
Well, as many of you know, I had a C6 as company car from April 2010 to April 2013 and 69k miles. I enjoyed this excellent site, in particular the well attended, informative and friendly forum.
Now, my pre and post C6 vehicles may seem an anathema to you, however, by way of conversation stimulation here are my last four company cars:

Renault Grand Espace 2.2 RXE. Brilliant design, beautiful interior, flexible seating. Poor engine and gearbox.

Volkswagen Caravelle 170 SE. Space, surprisingly fast, four chairs with armrests, amazing table on the seat rails deserves a design award, cache. Rattles, squeeks, incredibly unreliable.

Citroen C6 - of course, a 'stop-gap' during the recession - cheap to buy.
Beautiful design, anyone who rode in it loved it, particularly the rear heated seats. Catastrophic failure at 79k miles is a disgrace.

And now:

Hyundai i800 170 Auto. Beautifully built, no squeaks or rattles, attention to detail, something this big should not have this much power and torque. Seats lack flexibility of the Espace and Caravelle.

Bishop   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 07:53am
Member No: #868
Chevrons: forgive the ignorance, I'm sure I should recall the circumstances, and it may be painful to repeat, but exactly what was the "catastrophic failure at 85k"?
C6Dave   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 09:56am

Member No: #1
3 'Vans' v 1 car
Website
smihaialex   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 11:43am
Member No: #1031
))))
Chevrons   
Tue Jul 30 2013, 01:27pm
Bishop wrote ...

... exactly what was the "catastrophic failure at 85k"?

Bishop, my error, that should have read 79k miles; see this thread: - Click Here -
FCM   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 05:08am
Member No: #866
Chevrons, where is that street in which the Hyundai's parked?
Chevrons   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 08:04am
FCM wrote ...

Chevrons, where is that street in which the Hyundai's parked?

Saltburn-by-the-Sea in the north-east; Once sleepy fishing cove developed by those pesky Victorians who built a hotel on the headland, a funicular railway down to a promenade and a pier. Well worth a visit and, typical of the north-east, the best fish and chips you can get.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club