RT4: message SIM card full and speed cam warning beep volume

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Pappnase   
Tue Jun 04 2013, 10:06am
Member No: #1044
Hi,

I got two small issues with my RT4 (8.31) where I can't find the answer myself.

Firstly, since a trip to France where I got all these silly tariff information texts my SIM card's text message storage capacity was exhausted. I get a message "SIM card full. Delete texts" or similar. Only the menu item is grayed out and I cannot delete any texts. I tried taking the SIM card out and re-insert, no success. Any idea what I can do?

Secondly, the speed cam warning beep is a bit on the loud side but I can't find where to adjust its volume. Since they got a speed cam in France at least every 5 miles that was quite a racket during the 1000 mls. Any hints?

Thank you
Papp
Gobxoy   
Wed Jun 05 2013, 05:06pm
Member No: #786
Don't know about the, but I think there is a yes/no in the setup somewhere to turn the sound off. I did that on mine soon after getting the speed camera add on.

BTW don't (sic) Mr Jon Darme crush your car if he catches you with a speed cam warning device?

Ha Ha! They call them "Risk Arears" any way follow this link for info.

- Click Here -

Or this one :- - Click Here - for the instructions about page 2 untick the audiable alert, and just use the visual one.

Hope that helps.

Pappnase   
Wed Jun 05 2013, 06:37pm
Warning device rules: I couldn't care less. With the warning I simply don't drive too fast which easily happens with the C6 because it is so quiet. I collected at least five tickets in the 7 months of C6 ownership. Blah.

Thanks for the hint, dear , but the beep is fine, I'd like to keep it, it is only too loud.

Nobody of you guys got the text message issue?
Pappnase   
Wed Jun 05 2013, 08:22pm
OK I got a response in the German forum. You need to be quick. In the very moment where the RT4 cries "Risk Area" press the volume down button. The guy who had success said he passed one speed cam multiple times at exactly the same speed and remembered where exactly the beeps came. After 10 or 12 times he was successful. What a fine example of user friendly engineering
Gobxoy   
Thu Jun 06 2013, 06:36am
Member No: #786
Pappnase good one..... you would have thought it would be a bit easier to adjust the volume than you discribe.

The audio warning is set way too loud, loud enough to wake you up when you are crusing and snoozing.
Pappnase   
Mon Jun 10 2013, 07:33pm
Haven't managed to set the alarm volume. To be honest I haven't even tried so that pretty well explains it.

But I got rid of the text message nag screen. Somehow, mysteriously, the formerly greyed out menu items awoke and I could delete 20 tariff info texts one by one. The bulk erase option also came back, but not to the extent that it would do anything. I tried reading the rubbish texts before bulk erase but also to no avail. WTF. I don't get any regular texts anymore since WhatsApp and don't go abroad that often.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club