Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

I'm coming back...!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Rich   
Thu May 30 2013, 02:21pm
Member No: #542
Hey all
Its been a few months now since I sold my C6 and I have missed everyday without her. I just landed a new job and agreed a company car. At first, they wanted to give me a Mini Roadster (err!) but i have just got them to agree and nice shiny new black DS5! Woo Hoo! OK, its not a C6 but its a car i really like and I'll be back behind the wheel of something quirky and unique again! Oh, and I have seriously missed that heads up display!

Cheers
Rich
Hattershaun   
Thu May 30 2013, 05:20pm
Member No: #320
Well done Rich, that's good news.

I'm just about to swap my DS5 company car after a year and 14,000 miles.
Rich, we actually saw each other on the motorway & waved a year ago on my first day in the DS5!
I've grown to really like the DS5 apart from the suspension which is just too stiff for my preferences.
There are so many boring dull cars out there and the DS5 stands out from the mainstream crowd.

Good luck with yours, which model are you getting?
cruiserphil   
Thu May 30 2013, 05:47pm

Member No: #38
Rich,

Congrats from me!

Regards,

Phil C.
Rich   
Fri May 31 2013, 01:42am
Thanks everyone! Yes Shaun, I remember seeing you on the M25 by the M1 turn off as we waved to each other then I missed my turn off to the M1 and had to go through St Albans! Yours was the first DS5 I had seen so I was in awe! Not sure what model I will get yet. Hopefully the Sport, but preferably the Hybrid Auto. I do love the 'cockpit' on these things. I can't wait!
Hattershaun   
Fri May 31 2013, 06:26am
Member No: #320
If you do get the DS5 Hybrid you may want to specify the 17" alloys, they are a free of charge option, where as the 18" are standard. Not only do the 17" wheels give a lower CO2 of 88g/km and thus a much lower company car tax bill, the smaller wheels and tyres give a better ride quality.
drummond   
Fri May 31 2013, 06:37am
Member No: #238
I'm always interested in the Jaguar having a company tax bill one or two bands less than the Citroen, for the same engine. Now Í know why- different wheels!
Rich   
Fri May 31 2013, 10:32am
Yes, I wondered that as well as my Dad has a Jag with the same engine as the C6 yet his Tax is half what I used to pay! Now I know! I'll consider it for sure. Its a shame as the bigger wheels do look so much nicer....
magicands   
Sat Jun 01 2013, 03:19pm
Member No: #1021
Hattershaun wrote ...

If you do get the DS5 Hybrid you may want to specify the 17" alloys, they are a free of charge option, where as the 18" are standard. Not only do the 17" wheels give a lower CO2 of 88g/km and thus a much lower company car tax bill, the smaller wheels and tyres give a better ride quality.

Really?? 17 inch wheels reduce the tax band from the current £465?
Website
Rich   
Thu Jun 06 2013, 02:25pm
I'm just wondering about the wheel size on the Hybrid4 engine. Does it actually matter if I have to pay the tax myself? I may now get a car allowance so I can go buy a 6 month old DS5 with a few thousand on the clock rather then wait for a new one and the company lease it.
Rich   
Mon Jun 10 2013, 11:38pm
OK, so the company is leasing the DS5 for me and are sorting it this week. I think that its better then a car allowance. I have specifically asked for the Hybrid4 engine. I'm really looking forward to getting it!
Dave Mc   
Wed Jun 12 2013, 10:33am
Member No: #64
There is a way of getting a head up display if you have an iPhone, at night anyway! An app called SpeedTracker has the option to allow you to put your phone on your dash and it reflects info from your iPhone onto your windscreen. I have used it on my C5.
Rich   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 12:41pm
Well, I may well be eating humble pie shortly and returning to the world of a C6! I know i said i would never do it again but things change! My new company decided instead to offer me a nice healthy car allowance per month so no DS5 for me. So after looking around, the only cars outside of a C6 i was remotely interested in was either an Audi A8 or a Jag XF. Both great cars but neither offer the quirkiness and the complete range of gadgets and features the C6 does.

Also, to top it off, to get one at the same age and mileage, its double the price of a C6! K, the road tax on the C6 is horrific and the struts and ball joints scare the hell out of me, but if I keep a savings pot going with my remaining car allowance, it should cover these costs and eventualities.

I have my eye on a Black Exclusive in Portsmouth. Its over priced but nothing a bit of bartering won't fix! Its on AutoTrader and PM Trading's website. Anyone know this vehicle?

Thanks!
C6Dave   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 03:01pm

Member No: #1
Hmm, just noticed on the Citroen UK Used Car Search facility that they no longer list the C6 so looks like there will be no more from the Dealer Network with a Citroen Approved Warranty............

So Rich, whatever car you do buy, invest in a good aftermarket warranty like: - Click Here -

Oh and that car in Portsmouth, the reg number is covered up so............
Website
Rich   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 05:38pm
Good point, I'll find out the Reg as I want to run a check on it anyway.

In terms of those aftermarket warranties, I have looked into them before and I'm not convinced they are worth the paper they are written on, but i maybe wrong!
darrell   
Wed Jul 31 2013, 06:33pm
Member No: #699
I had a look at that one - GL57SBU. Registered 2008 but RP number of 11173 translates to a build date of 12 June 2007. From memory, the first owner was a dealer, then 2 more, companies at the same address in Wales, it was explained to me that the first company was taken over by the second, so not a "real" change of owner. There were receipts for a couple of replacement components over and above normal servicing, but I'm afraid I can't remember what.

It's got the lounge pack, by the way. As you say, overpriced. It's got a few scuffs on the bumpers/wheels, and a couple of minor dents, one on the back of the boot, which the dealer said he could have fixed.

Also, the b-pillar on the driver's side (I think that's what it's called - the plastic panel between the front and rear doors) has two grooves crushed into the leading edge - I suppose someone, successfully or otherwise, tried to lever the driver's window with some implement or other.

Inside, there are a few marks, dirty seat belts, which go with the territory of the cream interior, I assume. The seam of the front centre armrest has a noticeable abrasion (you can just make it out in one of the photographs).

I didn't engage in any real negotiations, but I mentioned that if I were to take it further (which I didn't) I would want to talk about the price - the dealer intimated that he might be moved, but only slightly. Of course, that was a month or so ago, now.

The car has a worn anti-roll bar linkage, which will apparently be fixed before sale, and included in the price is a 3 month warranty of some sort.

The dealer has only just moved to the premises (although previously in the local area), they may have signage up now, but at the time I visited, the only signs up were for a Saddlery, and they were renovating the building.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club