C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Stuttering when cold?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
wolins   
Wed May 08 2013, 07:05am
Member No: #556
Hi not been here for a while, but at the moment i have a 407 with the 2.7 hdi engine and where better to get some advice?

The engine seems to be a bit hesitant and stuttery/missy when cold, once it warm its fine no issues at all

Anyone got any ideas??

Regards

Richard
C6Dave   
Wed May 08 2013, 10:18am

Member No: #1
Temp Sensor throwing the wrong reading?

Glow Plug off/circuit issue?

Any error codes in the log?
Website
wolins   
Wed May 08 2013, 11:04am
No warning lights on dash
How would i check the codes in the log? Ive not had it on a computer just thought id ask incase it was something simple like a vacuum hose?

thanks
C6Dave   
Wed May 08 2013, 12:16pm

Member No: #1
wolins wrote ...

How would i check the codes in the log? Ive not had it on a computer just thought id ask incase it was something simple like a vacuum hose?

You need to hook the car up to an OBII code reader to interrogate the error log.....

Have you sold the C6?
Website
Hattershaun   
Wed May 08 2013, 06:29pm
Member No: #320
Other things to think about;
Low quality fuel, I have the view that supermarket fuel doesn't have the same additives as the main fuel sellers (Shell, BP, Esso) and gives poorer combustion in the engine.
Fuel filter may need changing, it could be partially blocked
EGR valve faulty

Also, I find that this engine can be a bit stuttery whilst warming up when accelerating with certain throttle openings, particularly as you partially lift your foot off the throttle pedal. I've experienced it on many C6 and it's a characteristic coming from the ECU programme as it goes through the warm up phase. Try either driving with a very gentle throttle opening or accelerating harder to see if makes a difference.
wolins   
Wed May 08 2013, 08:16pm
Yes I sold the c6 a while ago

Looking for another one now, tried to buy one on here a few weeks ago but by the time I talked myself into another one someone viewed it and left a deposit!

I'm on the lookout

Will get it hooked up tomorrow somewhere and see if there is any codes.

Thanks
Leo   
Thu May 09 2013, 08:59am
Member No: #94
Mine (2.7 HDI Lignage) is the same and has been now since I got it back in 2009. Dealer did a software download which stopped it from stalling when cold, but it still runs very rough and misses/hesitates for a minute or two until warm. Just used to it now so I have left matters alone.
robingc33   
Sat Jul 01 2017, 10:18am
Member No: #2303
My 2006, 56,000 mile, 2.7L occasionally glitches/stutters for a fraction of a second within the first couple of miles from cold; fine thereafter. It usually happens at low throttle openings around 1500rpm, before any "temperature bars" appear on the Trip display and seems to dissappear if I manually change to a lower gear/ higher revs.
Maybe this is the same issue discussed above, but if anyone has any other thoughts/causes I'd be grateful.
Thanks,
Robin
HiPOL   
Sat Aug 05 2017, 11:15pm
Member No: #2699
Same here. Changing injectors solved problem. Must wait till winter to be 100% sure - it was more annoying when outside temp was low.
Hattershaun   
Sun Aug 06 2017, 06:18am
Member No: #320
Could the throttle body clogged up with soot/muck, which reduces airflow into the engine.
I was chatting to Robert at B.L.Autos yesterday as he was cleaning one out, car had a similar behaviour as you describe.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club