Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

HYBRID C6??

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Ped   
Tue Apr 30 2013, 12:16pm
Member No: #82
Just seen this:

- Click Here -

Tjensen   
Tue Apr 30 2013, 01:53pm
Member No: #954
This is a bit old ??? It describes the system now avaliable in the DS 5 hybrid
Ped   
Tue Apr 30 2013, 02:52pm
Member No: #82
Yeah I assumed it was pre-DS5 but I couldn't see a date anywhere on the page... even so, I was surprised to hear the C6 was ever proposed as a candidate for Hybrid tech.
C6Dave   
Tue Apr 30 2013, 03:43pm

Member No: #1
The latest 'Hybrid' system on the way involves compressed air driving a motor not batteries
Website
Bishop   
Tue Apr 30 2013, 05:10pm
Member No: #868
I remember the article - it appeared a couple of years ago. Looking back, I think Autocar had stretched a snippet of news from PSA to snapping point. So, I think they assumed that there would be new car called C6. It's clear that PSA never meant that to happen, but thinks of the DS5 as being that replacement. So, when it "leaked" that their new entrant into that market would include a Hybrid version with electric drive to the rear wheels, they had the DS5 in mind all along.
James   
Fri May 03 2013, 12:55pm
Member No: #817
C6Dave wrote ...

The latest 'Hybrid' system on the way involves compressed air driving a motor not batteries

Funny how things come round in circles. I remember F1 guru Adrian Newey talking about fitting such a device to F1 cars in the 1990s. He'd got the idea from Trams in somewhere in Canada (I think). Braking compresses the gas and then it drives a motor on acceleration. Less of a problem with charging cycles than you get with batteries.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club