Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

C6 Built-in Telephone

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
C6Dave   
Tue May 18 2010, 11:04am

Member No: #1
Yes I spoke to Tescos and the best part is that the credit you 'buy' never expires (unless you use it) like some providers

Plus if you call them they can switch on 'mobile internet' for a week from the prepay credit you add so if you want to go online and update GPS Maps in the car you don't need another sim.

My mobile will be moving over when my current contract expires in August.
Website
gmerry   
Fri Jun 25 2010, 05:58pm
Member No: #21
Hi, I started this post a long time ago, so had better update or finish it. The entire RT4 head unit has now been replaced by a service exchange unit to cure the "SIM Missing or Not Inserted Properly" error. For the first time in my ownership, the telephone works and very convenient it is too (just need to put handset on divert). No problem with a 3G Simcard. Thanks to my great local dealer for sorting this.
Trainman   
Fri Aug 27 2010, 07:55am

Member No: #86
verycleverman wrote ...

Tesco mobile have a feature called 'Ping Me A Pound'. It's designed for kids who, if they run out of credit, can 'ping' a pounds worth off their parent's phone. I use it all the time for the car. Whenever my credit gets low, I 'ping' another pound from my phone. That way, I never have to buy a top-up for a phone I seldom use.

Pete.

Here is something else that Tesco (PAYG) Mobile have done, If you text THANKS to 26929 they will give you £5 of free credit. It worked on the Queen Mothers phone last week.
JimC   
Mon Oct 11 2010, 06:59pm
Member No: #229
Well, more than a month waiting on DVLA getting their act together, I should take delivery of my March 2008 C6 2.7 Lignage this coming Thursday! One thing I noticed during the 10 minutes I had alone in the car was that when pressing the 'Telephone' button, nothing happened (no message on the screen).

It's a basic radio model without SatNav and while I've seen people mentioning RT3, RT4, RT5, etc. I don't know what model is installed.

Does anyone know if ALL C6's have the telephone workings installed meaning that all I have to do is install a SIM card to get it going, or am I destined to pretend to have a sore ear everytime my mobile rings?
C6Dave   
Mon Oct 11 2010, 07:12pm

Member No: #1
Sounds like you have a basic RD4 unit with no telephone system or Bluetooth module installed I'm afraid.
Website
Extant   
Mon Dec 13 2010, 06:51pm
Member No: #317
rbimac09 wrote ...

I'm on the Orange Business Contract and they supply duplicate SIM cards with the same number as my phone, If my phone is on and isn't answered the call automatically gets transferred to the car. If I turn my phone off the car phone rings straight away, it's brilliant, I use it a lot.

Thanks for the tip, I've just ordered mine. I thought that I was going to have to revert to getting an additional telephone number and SIM card.
magicands   
Sun Mar 24 2013, 04:59pm
Member No: #1021
The problem is with the sim card NOT the C6.
Website
magicands   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 03:08pm
I use my T-Mobile 3G sim (well a 2nd sim as i couldn't get two with the same number which is annoying)in my C6 and have no problems.
The car struggles with voice commands though, I can try and call "Home" a number of times before it recognises my voice and the word "Home"
Website
diyjoke   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 06:56pm
Member No: #354
I had exactly the same problem with 'home' it just wouldn't recognise it. So I left 'home' allocated to the number but changed the voice tag to "my house" which it recognises instantly.
Regards,
Barry
Pappnase   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 08:46pm
Member No: #1044
The shorter the voice commands are the more problems here. I try to speak three+ syllable commands if possible and most work first time.
smihaialex   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 10:01pm
Member No: #1031
I use voice commands a lot - it's no Siri, but it works - stuff lik 'call, Wifey', 'navigation, address book, Bro', 'cd changer'...

Cheers,
Sam
gmerry   
Fri Apr 26 2013, 02:22pm
Member No: #21
It can't cope with "home" because its French (h!!!!)

try maison or something

regards
G
magicands   
Fri Apr 26 2013, 03:14pm
Ive re programmed mine and now say "Parker, lets go home" from Thunderbirds
Website
ciao_chao   
Sat Apr 27 2013, 11:18am
Member No: #518
That's funny since I've never had much problem with recording "home" to the directory so long as you speak to it slowly (I guess in the same way you would speak to a foreigner), but I find the "Show" and "No" commands get confused.
magicands   
Sat Apr 27 2013, 04:48pm
Recording the word "HOME" is not a problem but trying to get the computer to recognise it again IS!
Website
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club