Author Post
black_exclusive   
Wed Apr 27 2011, 05:33pm
Member No: #126
...just thought I'd like to this page from a while back - Click Here -

drummond   
Tue May 31 2011, 08:50am
Member No: #238
I'm a Citroen nut (my other half says eccentric) and I have had a Series 2 CX Gti manual, Australian spec., which still exists (thanks, Franklin!)

My late father, who lived in Lyon, had (new) one of the very early CX's, which had a 6 month warranty- when the driveshaft went at 7 months, the shrugs could be heard in Paris....still love them...
Ingolf   
Tue May 31 2011, 12:31pm
Member No: #474
I used to drive a CX 20 Re series 1 from 1984. It was my first Citroën everm and I owned it for about 4 years, covering about 100.000Kms. Sure it needed some minor repairs during the time, but the ride was exceptional. Still miss the car, more than 10 years after I sold it.

Later on, I`ve had one of the first C5 stationwagons, and still have a C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive, which I bought new in 2007.

Last week I picked up my C6 in Germany, it`s a 2007 with only 5.200 km on the counter! So far the most wonderful car I`ve ever been driving.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 C6 2,6 HDI Exclusive, black with cream interior
2007 C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive
1954 MB 300 Adenauer
ChrisHunter   
Thu Jun 23 2011, 11:15am
Member No: #188
We had a 1986 CX25 GTi Turbo (Series II, but before the intercooler) which we ran for sixteen years, in UK & Germany - and we thought it was brilliant - both to drive & to ride in, over short distances & long ...

apart, that is, from the electrical connectors (we often had to lift the bonnet & fiddle, but only once did it failed to start, in sixteen years) ...

and the only non-consumable spare-parts we had ever to buy were a steering system pipe, the original of which leaked after rubbing on the steering column, and a fuel pipe, the original of which corroded over ten years & started to leak onto the exhaust pipe !

After that we had a Y-reg' C5 2.2HDi Exclusive - our first diesel, and brilliant in its own way, but ... ie: while the CX team got the fundamentals right (suspension, steering, comfort) but rather rushed the secondaries, the C5 team had sorted the secondaries brilliantly, but somehow forgot all about the fundamentals (suspension & steering geometries, essentially) ...

And now we have a C6 2.7HDi Lignage with sat-nav etc (UK GF07-reg') ... which we think has the best of both, and is totally brilliant - both over short distances & long, and even in traffic jams ... ... it's now four+ years old, with a modest under-30k miles on the clock, and the only problems have been a broken side window (my fault - front passenger door wouldn't close because of a twig, so I slammed it a touch harder), and a failed rear ABS sensor ... plus it's a bit heavy on tyres (original front Michelins lasted 11k, ContiSports 16k, and now we trying Pirellis - the rear Michelins still look OK, but the tread indicator is getting close ... it's a heavy car, of course, and over time maybe my driving is getting more sympathetic !
black_exclusive   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 08:14pm
A couple of pics from today:

- Click Here -
neal2175ds   
Sat Aug 27 2011, 09:09pm
Member No: #487
Yep I used to own a CX Athena. Bought it 3 years old in the early 80's I'd guess...and it still had the plastic seat covers woven in. It was great car and towed my 2CV cross car up and down the country. My only regret was i hated the colour .. a really dark blue, drab , drab , drab but it was by far the best CX i had looked at. Looking at Franklins pictures (not far from me I'm Essex/Suffolk/ Camb Border) i'm struck by just how huge the C6 looks against the CX Prestige, which at the time was a BIG car.

Neal
Ocellia   
Sun Aug 28 2011, 02:53pm
Member No: #583
Right. CXM meet getting MORE attractive!
I had 4 CXs in my life, after 4 DSs and a Traction and numerous GSAs. But I don't own a C6 yet.
Sacrilege perhaps, but my Lexus LS400 (98) is so good that I have no logical reason to change! It's not 'worth' much money, or I might trade it for a C6 (logic not being emotional....my Citroen love still lingers!)
But I'm still looking here so......?
It's interesting to see the comparison pics! How slab sided the C6 is where the CX tapers to the roof, for example.
One of my CXs was a very rare hybrid; a Turbo-Auto! Never made by Citroen, but put together from an Auto base with turbo engine dropped in. Was like a turbine, though still outgunned once by a Mondeo! But lovely to ride in!
Trainman   
Sun Aug 28 2011, 04:32pm

Member No: #86
Ocellia wrote ...

Chris,

I'll be there in mine and you more than welcome to come and have a look at it, should you want, I wil be there Friday evening, all day Saturday and Sunday morning.
black_exclusive   
Sun Aug 28 2011, 07:44pm
neal2175ds wrote ...

Yep I used to own a CX Athena. Bought it 3 years old in the early 80's I'd guess...and it still had the plastic seat covers woven in. It was great car and towed my 2CV cross car up and down the country. My only regret was i hated the colour .. a really dark blue, drab , drab , drab but it was by far the best CX i had looked at. Looking at Franklins pictures (not far from me I'm Essex/Suffolk/ Camb Border) i'm struck by just how huge the C6 looks against the CX Prestige, which at the time was a BIG car.

...sounds like it was Bleu Polaire (Polar Blue). I personally love the colour, and funnily enough dad has just sold an Athena in Bleu Polaire:

Yep, the C6 has really 'blown out' out a lot. A bit contraversial, but there are lots of little things that make it so clear that the C6 follows on from the CX - people say it followed on the DS, but we all know what's right!!

Ocellia wrote ...

I had 4 CXs in my life, after 4 DSs and a Traction and numerous GSAs. But I don't own a C6 yet.
Sacrilege perhaps, but my Lexus LS400 (98) is so good that I have no logical reason to change! It's not 'worth' much money, or I might trade it for a C6 (logic not being emotional....my Citroen love still lingers!)
But I'm still looking here so......?
It's interesting to see the comparison pics! How slab sided the C6 is where the CX tapers to the roof, for example.
One of my CXs was a very rare hybrid; a Turbo-Auto! Never made by Citroen, but put together from an Auto base with turbo engine dropped in. Was like a turbine, though still outgunned once by a Mondeo! But lovely to ride in!

Good to hear - the more the merrier at the CX, XM and Xantia Rally!
Your old CX sounds nice - there have been a couple of them done over the years. Was yours one also converted by a firm called Maikonics?
neal2175ds   
Sun Aug 28 2011, 09:01pm
Member No: #487
Wow... thats exactly my old car... what was the reg?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club