Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
feef   
Mon Apr 29 2013, 10:36am
Member No: #1260
magicands wrote ...

The BIG question is "has he got the xcarlink working yet?"

No..

I was away rallying over the weekend so I've not had time to play with it again.

But I'm not hopeful!
magicands   
Mon Apr 29 2013, 10:41am
Member No: #1021
That's a real bummer, keep us updated though as knowing if it does or does not work is very useful information to anybody else who was considering getting one!

Regards,
Magicands
Website
smihaialex   
Mon Apr 29 2013, 10:47pm
Member No: #1031
On the xcarlink official website the C5/C6 radios are under the 'still need to be confirmed' section, so...

But what I don't get is why would anyone try the xcarlink instead of the usb box (which we know for sure works)?

Does the usb box not work? Does it not function properly? Or is the xcarlink better? In what way?

Thanks,
Sam
C6Dave   
Tue Apr 30 2013, 06:27am

Member No: #1
smihaialex wrote ...

Or is the xcarlink better? In what way?

It costs less..........
Website
smihaialex   
Tue Apr 30 2013, 09:07am
Member No: #1031
Aham, ok, got it! It costs 3 times less, to be more speciffic

Cheers,
Sam
magicands   
Tue Apr 30 2013, 10:57am
Member No: #1021
Costs 3 times less but does not work - so that's a saving!!!
Website
Jodyone   
Sun Jun 02 2013, 10:34am
Member No: #1240
Feef- not that I want to belabour it, but is it possible to put a lid on this? Does it definitely not work? I share your earlier confusion about it, given that the website specifies the precise system that's in our cars (which other cars use RT3 canbus? Peugeot something?)

And at the risk of asking a question already well answered (though I've not had any luck finding it), is the USB box the only (other) option for RT3? The aux sockets in the glovebox are pretty inadequate, I find- in terms of loudness and sound quality. I'm potentially happy to lexia a USB box in myself, as long as I know it will work, though I'm balking at the £150..! Some people have mentioned Dension- are any of their units known to work? They only mention RD4 and so on..! /quagmire
Rog   
Sun Jun 02 2013, 07:00pm
Jodyone wrote ...

magicands wrote ...

I don't know of any vehicle that has a six disc multichanger built into the head!!
Always open to be proved wrong though?

I have a hazy memory of somebody loading multiple cd's via a single slot, with some carriage machinery inside arranging them (never to be seen again probably)... If it ever existed on a PSA car that might explain the xcarlink proviso. It may have been a friend's fancy schmancy home hifi circa 1995 though...

The Avantime loaded from one slot from a head unit

Jodyone wrote ...

Feef- not that I want to belabour it, but is it possible to put a lid on this? Does it definitely not work? I share your earlier confusion about it, given that the website specifies the precise system that's in our cars (which other cars use RT3 canbus? Peugeot something?)

And at the risk of asking a question already well answered (though I've not had any luck finding it), is the USB box the only (other) option for RT3? The aux sockets in the glovebox are pretty inadequate, I find- in terms of loudness and sound quality. I'm potentially happy to lexia a USB box in myself, as long as I know it will work, though I'm balking at the £150..! Some people have mentioned Dension- are any of their units known to work? They only mention RD4 and so on..! /quagmire

I got a USB box off ebay for 40 quid plus 10 quid postage.....I've not installed it yet!
Prior to that I temporarily bought an ipod to 3xRCA plus USB lead. Connecting the ipod via this rather than through the headphone socket gives better sound quality, and plays films, and charges it. Well worth 15 quid!
Jodyone   
Sun Jun 02 2013, 07:40pm
Member No: #1240
Thank you Rog. That's the lead I'm currently using, it's good as you describe but still a significant loss of volume/ quality compared to cd/radio. If you want to sell the USB box on let me know..! Otherwise I'll keep an eye on the bay.
Rog   
Mon Jun 03 2013, 04:58pm
I will get round to fitting it when I have the time so sorry
Charly   
Sun Jun 23 2013, 09:16am
Member No: #892
I had exactly the same with the xcarlink unit on my RT3, and mine has the external 6CD player. The professionals (!) who fitted phoned up xcarlink, who were apparently mystified.
Rog   
Tue Jun 25 2013, 01:10am
Jodyone wrote ...

Thank you Rog. That's the lead I'm currently using, it's good as you describe but still a significant loss of volume/ quality compared to cd/radio. If you want to sell the USB box on let me know..! Otherwise I'll keep an eye on the bay.

Seen this?? - Click Here -
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club