Xcarlink on RT3

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
feef   
Wed Apr 24 2013, 02:23pm
Member No: #1260
I got an xCarlink box for my 57 plate C6 with the RT3 system

I got the CAN bus model according to their product pages as my software version is at 6.62 - Click Here -

I extracted the head unit, unplugged the CD Changer and plugged in the xcarlink box.

Turned on the ignition, and it just sat there, cycling through "CD -" and "CD 1" as if it was running a loading cycle, and nothing happened. Then it would randomly switch to AUX or radio before switching back to the cd changer/Xcarlink and doing it all again. Turning off the stereo would see it turn on automatically. The menu controls were noticeably sluggish to respond. Disabling AUX made no difference.

I called xcarlink who suggested disconnecting the original CD changer and then leaving the car turned off to allow the CAN bus to do a full reset.

I turned off the car, removed the cd changer plug from the back of the head unit, then disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes.

Plugged the xcarlink back in, and now it's not seen at all. It can't be selected from the source button.

I've left it connected, and the car off and locked. I'll leave it like this for an hour or so, but I'm not convinced it'll solve the issue.

Has anyone else used an xcarlink succesfully.? Encountered any issues?
C6Dave   
Wed Apr 24 2013, 03:04pm

Member No: #1
When the Citroen USB Box 1st came out it wasn't compatible with Navi Drive systems so it's possible that XCarlink is the same I'm afraid.

Do XCarlink guarantee it will work with RT3?
Website
feef   
Wed Apr 24 2013, 03:10pm
C6Dave wrote ...

When the Citroen USB Box 1st came out it wasn't compatible with Navi Drive systems so it's possible that XCarlink is the same I'm afraid.

Do XCarlink guarantee it will work with RT3?

They list is as being specific to the RT3, it's product title is "CITROEN IPOD INTERFACE FOR RT3"
and they even specify which product to select depending on software version. (see the link in OP)
magicands   
Wed Apr 24 2013, 03:42pm
Member No: #1021
xcarlink advert states the following at the bottom as a disclaimer:

Please note: This item is NOT compatible with stereos that have the 6 CD Player built into the stereo.

(Note: CD Changer port may need enabling by main dealer using Diag2000, not compatible with radio model RT3 N3 02
Website
feef   
Wed Apr 24 2013, 03:47pm
magicands wrote ...

xcarlink advert states the following at the bottom as a disclaimer:

Please note: This item is NOT compatible with stereos that have the 6 CD Player built into the stereo.

(Note: CD Changer port may need enabling by main dealer using Diag2000, not compatible with radio model RT3 N3 02

I can't see that on the page.. am I blind!?

This is the product I have.

- Click Here -
magicands   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 03:03pm
Look here: - Click Here -
I assume this is the same thing, scroll down until you see the red lettering which says "PLEASE NOTE"

Regards,
Gary
Website
feef   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 03:05pm
no, not quite the same thing. That's the USB/SDcard interface, not the iPhone/iPod one.

I also don't see a 'please note' in red on that page
C6Dave   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 03:34pm

Member No: #1
Eh. maybe a visit to 'Specsavers' is required

Website
feef   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 03:50pm
ooh.. I scrolled too far
magicands   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 05:13pm
Its there on my link?
May not be exactly the same item but i am willing to bet that's why yours won't work.
If you prove me wrong then let me know as I hope you can get it up and running!
Website
Jodyone   
Thu Apr 25 2013, 08:55pm
Member No: #1240
Doesn't that caveat mean, "built in" to the stereo- as in part of the head unit? Whereas the C6 implementation is remote- in the boot? I read it as referring to the fact that a built-in cd multichanger stack would have no cable to hijack.

I guess that could be wishful thinking- I have an RT3 with 6.62 as well, and if you get this to work I'll buy one!
magicands   
Sun Apr 28 2013, 11:38am
I don't know of any vehicle that has a six disc multichanger built into the head!!
Always open to be proved wrong though?
Website
Ped   
Sun Apr 28 2013, 12:02pm
Member No: #82
Pretty sure my dad's 406 or maybe his Mazda 6 had one.
Jodyone   
Sun Apr 28 2013, 03:49pm
Member No: #1240
magicands wrote ...

I don't know of any vehicle that has a six disc multichanger built into the head!!
Always open to be proved wrong though?

I have a hazy memory of somebody loading multiple cd's via a single slot, with some carriage machinery inside arranging them (never to be seen again probably)... If it ever existed on a PSA car that might explain the xcarlink proviso. It may have been a friend's fancy schmancy home hifi circa 1995 though...
magicands   
Mon Apr 29 2013, 10:34am
The BIG question is "has he got the xcarlink working yet?"
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club