Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

DAB Radio in a Citroen C6?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Jason   
Mon Apr 22 2013, 10:07am
Member No: #233
I've been considering an aftermarket solution for iPhone / DAB use in the car.

I have seen some Connect2 integrated offerings. Anyone know if these are any good?
gmerry   
Mon Apr 22 2013, 12:29pm
Member No: #21
Citroen UK have an offer to convert existing OEM built-in radios to Digital. Worth a query?

Regards
G
C6Dave   
Mon Apr 22 2013, 01:00pm

Member No: #1
gmerry wrote ...

Citroen UK have an offer to convert existing OEM built-in radios to Digital. Worth a query?

Where did you see that G?
Website
Jason   
Mon Apr 22 2013, 02:50pm
Member No: #233
£285 for the full-fat version.
Gobxoy   
Fri Apr 26 2013, 09:37am
Member No: #786
Hi guys I was e-mailed the offer direct from Citroën, but was never able to open the link. But was from Jason's link will ask my dealer form more info?
Ped   
Fri Apr 26 2013, 11:16am
Member No: #82
Hmm interesting. I wonder if it alters the look of the existing unit or if it plugs in 'around the back' and is essentially invisible.

If the latter I'll put one on my RT3
pclark   
Fri Apr 26 2013, 11:50am
Member No: #3
As I posted on C4 Owners. I recently had the dealer fit the AutoDAB unit to my DS4.

(I didn't go for the Ezi-DAB as I've already got a USB input anyway)

This will work with any RDS equipped FM radio.It is entirely hidden apart from a discreet DAB antenna on the windscreen and a small remote control (about the size of a key fob).

The unit outputs an FM signal to the head unit (through a direct connection - not 'through the air') to which one of the FM presets is tuned. The DAB station and track playing info is then cleverly displayed on the car's radio display.

The channels are swapped easily with the remote control. The reception of DAB and the sound quality is very good.
Bishop   
Fri Apr 26 2013, 12:09pm
Member No: #868
pclark - nice to hear this, mine is booked in for next Thursday to have the same unit fitted. The one thing I don't like about what you have said is the remote control thingy. Where do you keep/ put that? It sounds like potentially it's going to be a (minor) faff.
pclark   
Fri Apr 26 2013, 01:24pm
Member No: #3
on the DS4 there is a handy little oddments tray behind the gear lever that it fits in neatly. If I remember the C6 correctly, there is also a small tray behind the gear selector that it would fit in. The remote is supplied with a holder that has a self adhesive pad on it that could be stuck somewhere on the dash.
Bishop   
Wed May 08 2013, 08:24am
Member No: #868
OK, so I had the Citreon/ Peugeot endorsed AutoDAB fitted to the C6 last Thursday and I'm pleased with the outcome.

As pclark writes, the fit of the unit itself is invisible (the Ezi-DAB isn't, it has a display and control unit that sticks on the dash which I just did not want). The Digital signal comes through a frequency tuned into preset 6 of FM1 and you select the channel via a small remote which I have put in the little cubby (that has the nicely damped lid on it) in the centre console next to the parking brake. The channel choice is then displayed on the main Navidrive screen like it would be if it were an FM channel.

The only visible aspect is the small aerial which is a small flatish black box the size of a matchbox with a wire loop that sticks to the screen. It does look a little "aftermarket" (although it helps that there are other sensors visible on the screen for light rain) and and heavens knows what one does if the winscreen has to be replaced, but we'll cross that bridge ....

I work in Banbury, but live in North West Herts, and find that I lose the signal intermittantly in around Banbury, which is a bit frustrating, but it's never a problem once I'm on the A43 and beyond. I guess this is more about the coverage of digital signals than the unit per se. The sound is clear as a bell and makes the most of the decent (in my view) JBL sound system.

Overall, I recommend. The cost was just over £200, less than most makers charge for the option when buying new, and I'd say it is worth it.
Gobxoy   
Sun May 19 2013, 09:06am
Member No: #786
Hi Guys any chance of a pic or two of the arial and the small remote?

Sounds good
mercuryrv   
Fri Dec 05 2014, 10:20pm
Member No: #1848
I have had this unit fitted to my C6, here in the South East it spends most of the time off air with no signal, this I understand is due to the windscreen. On the C6 the screen is solar reflective, as such it has a metallic film to reflect the heat from the sun, this in turn means that the aerial has a masked signal, hence the lack of signal. I am in contact with the manufacturers AutoDAB in order to find the answer to the issue, I will update the forum when I find that answer. In this area the unit is more annoying than anything else, and unless I can find the answer I will be returning it, after all £200+ is a lot of money for no DAB. On a recent drive of some 25 miles along the M2/A2, I had reception for a total of 280 seconds. Will uodate all when I know. Kind regards, Simon
C6Dave   
Sat Dec 06 2014, 08:29am

Member No: #1
Don't they supply an additional aerial that sits in the black hatched area of the screen which is not solar reflective?
Website
mercuryrv   
Sat Dec 06 2014, 11:54am
Member No: #1848
Good morning Dave, That is what they are trying to ascertain, failing that I am going to suggest a Sharks fin on the rear, again will let you all know the outcome.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club