Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

Level Switch for Coolant Reservoir / Degassing Tank

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gmerry   
Tue Apr 30 2013, 09:09am
Member No: #21
Hi all, pretty sure that the ECU for the engine on the 2.7HDi does not have the required inputs/outputs for the Cartier low level switch.

Note to Sam, the switch is just there to detect a low-low event and is not bothered about changes in the level due to coolant expansion per se.

Anyway, integrating the Cartier switch should be possible. If one uses the oil pressure switch as the input warning signal to the BSI, then +5V signal from the Cartier sensor is used to indicate all is good and +0V from the Cartier sensor that there is a fault (ie switch the oil pressure sensor wire to earth).

Anyone have experience in using P-Mosfets?

Regards
G
e3steve   
Sat May 04 2013, 11:00am
Member No: #1163
Some of the story continues here.
gmerry   
Fri Nov 08 2013, 12:36pm
Member No: #21
Hi all, here's a circuit diagram to link the Cartier level switch into the BSi as found on the 2.7HDi (or any other variant without a coolant expansion tank level monitoring circuit)

Regards
G
(Click Image to Enlarge)

8 User said Thank You to gmerry for this Post :
 C6Dave (08 November 2013) , smihaialex (08 November 2013) , e3steve (09 November 2013) , cruiserphil (09 November 2013) , gbl (02 November 2014) , ceesix (01 June 2015) , 321dave (02 June 2015) , eke (19 September 2015)
ceesix   
Mon Jun 01 2015, 08:28pm
Member No: #1464
Hi,
I have gathered together the parts needed to install a coolant level sensor in my C6.
Thanks for providing details of the set up. However, not being very familiar
with electronics, could you supply more detail?
Its not clear if the veroboard and relay already exists within the BSI ( does this
need to be opened? Or, do they need to be bought and built?
How about the oil pressures switch, where is it and how do you break into the
wiring? Finally, what about your comment regarding 'back EMF?'
How would this be protected against?
Sorry to be so ignorant, but looking for a little guidance.
Regards,
Paul
eke   
Fri Jun 05 2015, 05:55pm
Member No: #624
Hi,

I'm in the same situation. I had the sensor installed and have the plug with wires. it would be great to have more information to where to connect the wires.

Br Eke
David Hallworth   
Mon Jul 06 2015, 05:17pm

Member No: #90
Just to add to this, I was messing around with the Lexia today after clearing a handbrake fault and when I was messing around in the BSI menus I found this...

Does that mean that the ECU can support a dedicated coolant level sensor? If so, I wonder if we can find out what pins of the ECU the coolant sensor would be wired into for this feature to be enabled? If it can be done that way rather then piggy backing the oil pressure it'd be handy.

David.
e3steve   
Sun Oct 18 2015, 02:36pm
Member No: #1163
Tjensen wrote ...

We must learn form your problems: What is causing clogging and dirt to gather in the air distribution system ? In the simple old times, that would have been backfiring or in the not-so-old times leaks and problems in the engine crankase ventilation system, allowing oil deposits into the system. It should have been nice and clean.

- Click Here -
eke   
Thu Oct 29 2015, 03:52pm
Member No: #624
Hello gmerry, I see you are again posting to Forum

Is it possible for you to provide some more information on how to connect the level sensor wires to car systems ? Do you have any pictures from connections in your car, it would be very helpful.

Thanks anyway

Eke
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club