C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Headlamp washers.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Grumpytvr   
Thu Jun 06 2013, 10:08pm
Member No: #742
A quick update, my headlamp and windscreen washers are fixed!

After much tracing through the wiring and getting nowhere, I booked it in to a trusted garage to get them looked at and the MOT done.

It turns out that the connector to the pump was damaged and not making a connection. My multimeter would pick up the on / off voltage, but the pump wouldn't operate. I should have worked it out really, but didn't.....

The lesson to be learned here is how easily the washer pump connecter plugs can be damaged.

Anyway all fixed and a nice fresh MOT. The only problem is I seem to be using far too much screen wash now the headlamp washers are now working!!!

smihaialex   
Fri Jun 07 2013, 08:52pm
Member No: #1031
)
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 10 2018, 05:45pm

Member No: #1
Grumpytvr wrote ...

..........It turns out that the connector to the pump was damaged and not making a connection. My multimeter would pick up the on / off voltage, but the pump wouldn't operate. I should have worked it out really, but didn't.....

The lesson to be learned here is how easily the washer pump connecter plugs can be damaged.

Just to complete this thread, my screen wash failed after the front suspension leg was changed, (coincidence? ) but the headlamp wash still worked, played with the connector and it came back to life for a couple of weeks then failed again....

So I bought a new pump from KMS - Click Here - for £10.71 + postage, bargain.

OEM part number is CIT 634.76 or PSA 96 434 477 80 - what arrived was a quality Febi Bilstein unit number F36333 also numbered 6434.76

To change it you need to lift the car suspension to max, jack the front offside of the car up and remove the road wheel.

Undo the 2 wheel arch liner screws on the outer edge that you can visibly see and the one under the bumper trailing edge with a T27 key, pull the liner back, lever with a screwdriver and pull out the old pump (the inner of the 2 as the outer is the headlamp one) catching any fluid lost from the tank in a bowl.

Take the electrical connector off the old pump and connect it to the new, pull off the outlet hose and connect to the new pump, then push the new pump back into the tank, securely.

Refill the reservoir, ignition on and test.

Refit the road wheel and lower the suspension, all in 30 minutes (Citroen billing time is .70 hours)

Sorry no pictures, didn't want to waste any time

EDIT: BTW you don't actually need to lift the suspension to high, it just makes it a better working height for us 'older' owners
Website
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club