C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Dawn of the Goddess

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
BruceB   
Mon Mar 25 2013, 09:45am
Member No: #234
Several of you own, or have owned, a DS. I never did, but I thought that this - Click Here - would be of interest. They are the first 'Paris Match' pictures of the DS19 prototype, just before its launch at the 1955 Paris Motor Show.

Coincidentally, I recently used the Gina Lollobrigida shot myself. We have a gay friend, who is notorious for travelling 'heavy'; heavy as in 8 suitcases on a transatlantic flight. I photoshopped him onto the picture, and he is perversely proud of it!
C6Dave   
Mon Mar 25 2013, 11:28am

Member No: #1
One this is certain, all those suitcases won't fit in the boot of a C6
Website
Tjensen   
Tue Apr 02 2013, 11:06am
Member No: #954
All these suitcases did not go into the DS luggate space ! I think this was debated at a point in time. Can't rememener the outcome of the debate, maybe all the suitcases really did fit if rear seats was taken out ? I may have a book somewhere.....

PS: Thanks for nice classical picture
drummond   
Wed Apr 03 2013, 07:14am
Member No: #238
I don't think that my DS has much more space than my C6- a bit higher, but less wide and rather shorter front to rear. I will try it later, but it's only 1 deg oútside!
BruceB   
Wed Apr 03 2013, 07:56am
Member No: #234
drummond wrote ...

I don't think that my DS has much more space than my C6

My bet is that - if they ever really did fit, of course - those cases were all v-e-r-y carefully sized to fit the DS without room for an extra matchbox. It's a game like the one played by transport container salesmen, who give their customers a number of blocks and invite them to stow them inside. The customers can't do it, while the salesman can jigsaw them all in - perfectly!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club