Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Clear Alert Logs - Puncture

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Rich   
Fri Feb 15 2013, 03:18pm
Member No: #542
I just had 4 new tyres put on but all of my pressure sensor valves needed to be removed as the collars had perished, so just had normal valves fitted. Now I have 'STOP" alert on my dash and heads up and the alert log says 4 punctures. Clearly isn't the case, so how do I clear these alerts so they don't come back again?

Also, anyone know where to buy the replacement sensore valve collars? The sensors are fine and i want to put them back but need the screw collar part that goes over the valve.

Cheers
Rich
C6Dave   
Fri Feb 15 2013, 04:11pm

Member No: #1
You need access to Lexia to clear the fault log/disable the sensors.

You can't just buy the 'collars' you need the whole top of the sensor as a 'repair kit' - Click Here -

If you intend replacing the sensors, just ignore the message and once there re installed it should go away.
Website
Rich   
Fri Feb 15 2013, 04:16pm
Thats true I guess. You say I have to buy the sensor repair kit, but what about this?

- Click Here -
Rich   
Fri Feb 15 2013, 04:26pm
Just a quick question that baffles me, when I got a puncture last year, I put the spare tyre on to get me home and to the garage. Obviously, the spare doesn't have a sensor in it and the error message just said "Tyre Monitor Pressure Sensor Fault" (or something of that nature) because there wasn't a sensor. So now without the sensors again, why is the message saying I have 4 punctures with the STOP message? I can't see why it would be different....
cruiserphil   
Fri Feb 15 2013, 04:27pm

Member No: #38
Rich,

The kit you show doesn't have the threaded neck that contains the valve and onto which you screw the valve cap. This is the part that fails and allows the valve to blow out. This is the normal mode of failure and if this is what you need then "Dave's" kit has it. I suppose it depends on what you are describing as the "collar."

Regards,

Phil C.
Rich   
Fri Feb 15 2013, 04:39pm
No, the kit I have just bought has what I need, the nut part. I called it a collar as I don't know what it really is! All four of my nuts have perished (if you pardon the expression!)
C6Dave   
Fri Feb 15 2013, 06:45pm

Member No: #1
It's the actual stems that corrode and snap. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but it's your money.
Website
Rich   
Fri Feb 15 2013, 09:17pm
No, on mine it was all 4 of the nuts that split. I have the right parts ordered!
Rich   
Sat Feb 16 2013, 10:40am
Back to my question above though, anyone got any ideas on this as it doesn't make any sense to me:

"when I got a puncture last year, I put the spare tyre on to get me home and to the garage. Obviously, the spare doesn't have a sensor in it and the error message just said "Tyre Monitor Pressure Sensor Fault" (or something of that nature) because there wasn't a sensor. So now without the sensors again, why is the message saying I have 4 punctures with the STOP message? I can't see why it would be different...."
Rich   
Sun Feb 17 2013, 06:14pm
seems to have fixed itself and now doesn't give me the stop warning.
C6Chester   
Sat Oct 08 2016, 06:12pm
Member No: #2287
Do all C6 models have the sensors on the tyres for punctures? I got a puncture today but haven't had any warning from the car itself.

Even when I press the indicator stalk it says all 4 are OK even though one is completely flat.
gmerry   
Sat Oct 08 2016, 06:44pm
Member No: #21
Its probably been disabled. You will need Lexia/Diagbox to have a look.
Junksleeper   
Sat Oct 08 2016, 11:10pm
Member No: #1605
I've disabled the warnings. I found that when it warned things were bad it wasn't and when things were bad, it didn't warn me. Mark one eyeball and a daily check have kept me safe.
David Hallworth   
Tue Oct 11 2016, 10:43pm

Member No: #90
I managed to hit a pothole yesterday in my 407 Coupé. The bang it made was incredible. I was amazed that it didn't burst the tyre.

We went to the Cinema and when we came out in the dark I had a look and the tyre looked to have pressure in it but when joining the main road the LCD on the dash went red telling me the tyre was punctured. I dived into Asda and checked and sure enough the tyre was a Bar down on pressure.

I reinflated it to 2.5 Bar and by the time I'd done 10 miles the dash alarmed (in amber this time) to say the tyre was low on pressure.

Sure enough I looked this morning and the alloy was buckled.

I must admit, I really like the TPMS having had a blow out in a car previously whilst towing a fully laden 3.5 ton trailer as the tyre had picked up a nail and slowly depressurised. It's not something I'd turn off personally but I understand why some people do.

David.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club