Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

[PICS] Chased after a Ferrari a couple of days ago...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
smihaialex   
Tue Feb 12 2013, 11:00pm
Member No: #1031
...absolutely loved it...
smihaialex   
Tue Feb 12 2013, 11:12pm
Here are the pics...

Bishop   
Wed Feb 13 2013, 09:41am
Member No: #868
I note you had the 'box in Sport
smihaialex   
Wed Feb 13 2013, 11:01am
Yes, I did! Well, to be honest that had nothing to do with chasing down the Ferrari... The guy wasn't speeding at all. I've been using sport mode around town for a couple of reasons... 1st, I've read somewhere that doing this might prevent or at least slow down the clogging up of the FAP, 2nd, I was curious as to how that might affect city mileage and so far, much to my surprise, sport mode gives me better fuel economy , and 3rd, when in sport mode the gear shifts are a bit jerkier and I was tryin' to figure out if that's normal or I should investigate more... Do any of you guys get that?!? It's also apparent when light braking or slowing down - as the gear box shifts down it causes a non linear breaking behavior, like the car slows down in lumps Do you get that at all?

Cheerios,
Sam
Bishop   
Wed Feb 13 2013, 12:10pm
Member No: #868
Sam, I get the same thing when I am in Sport - i.e. the downchange can be clunkier/ more jerky. I recall Autocar making the same comment during their Long Term test of the C6 way back when.
C6Dave   
Wed Feb 13 2013, 01:58pm

Member No: #1
The gearbox auto shifts down to utilise 'engine braking'
Website
smihaialex   
Wed Feb 13 2013, 06:43pm
Awesome! That's what I figured too, and I can live with that if it's a feature and not a bug, but at Phil C's recommendation I have decided to also do an auto-box fluid change along with the distribution kit (cam belt) and the auxiliary kit change... Just to be on the safe side of things!

Cheerios,
Sam

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club