Spies Of Warsaw - Traction Avant

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Thu Jan 10 2013, 08:08am

Member No: #1
Any one watch the programme last night and spot the 'howler'

It was set in 1937 Warsaw and David Tennant, supposedly a French Embassy Officer, was driving around in a Traction Avant.

Only the car was a post 1952, Big Boot Legere......

Maybe they got confused when making it and the old Doctor Who had transported the car back
Website
pclark   
Thu Jan 10 2013, 08:53am
Member No: #3
I once saw an American tv movie set in Paris during the war and spotted a type 'H' van (released 1948) and best of all a 2CV Charleston! (1980) in the background. Can't remember the name of the film. It's a common mistake in films to use post war Tractions in wartime settings although to be fair only we Citroen enthusiasts would probably spot the difference.
drummond   
Thu Jan 10 2013, 06:02pm
Member No: #238
My OH is always telling me that I should lighten up and not be so picky. I say that if it were not for people like us, accuracy would not matter!

However, my óther enthusíasm is fór raílways, partícularly the Southern. BR Mark 1 coaches in the inter war years, anyone? Grrrr...
Trainman   
Thu Jan 10 2013, 08:28pm

Member No: #86
drummond wrote ...
However, my óther enthusíasm is fór raílways, partícularly the Southern. BR Mark 1 coaches in the inter war years, anyone? Grrrr...

Oh Lord!! you really need to get out more........... and try one of these

BruceB   
Thu Jan 10 2013, 09:01pm
Member No: #234
C6Dave wrote ...

Any one watch the programme last night and spot the 'howler'

You mean, of course, where Tennant got out of the car in the Black Forest (at about 44 minutes), with his hat on back-to front. Then, when he was walking up to film the tank manoeuvres, it was suddenly the right way round.

My dears; too, too screamingly funny.
verycleverman   
Thu Jan 10 2013, 11:04pm
Member No: #65
My personal favourite was the film 'French Kiss' when Kevin Kline screeched to a halt in his stolen Xm and leapt out. The car started to roll backwards so Meg Ryan leaned in and pulled on the handbrake. The Xm has a foot operated parking brake!

Pete.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club