Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

gear knob replacement

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
bigmario   
Sun Jan 06 2013, 10:02pm
These days I have to replace the shift knob because the skin is damaged, but can you tell me how to disassemble? I have to unscrew or pull out or is there something else hidden? Thanks

Sorry my C6 is a 2.2 HDi model with manual gear!
stefan063   
Sun Jan 06 2013, 11:23pm
Member No: #918
You must take of that shiny thing were says C6 (whole shine part, not only C6 black circle),with your fingernails. Then you must stretch knob at the same time left and right. You will see silver clip on top and red clip below that holds the knob. Put it away, and vuola!!!
bigmario   
Mon Jan 07 2013, 09:07am
Hi Stefan and thanks for the reply, but I did not understand how to remove the top cover.
It is where the numbers are printed (the 6-speed + back); this cover is chrome plated and then immediately below (all around the knob) is the leather ruined I should change!
Sorry for my English!
stefan063   
Mon Jan 07 2013, 07:31pm
Member No: #918
Remove this part where red arrow shows... That is the first part. The rest I have written it in my first reply...

smihaialex   
Wed Jan 09 2013, 07:10am
Member No: #1031
Hey guys, the man has a manual not an auto gearbox... Different knob... Simmilar to C4 2.0 HDi 6+1 & C5... The top (where the numbers are) comes off and if I remmember correctly there are no screws... You just have to rotate it and it comes off (counter-clockwise for 90 degrees, if I remember)...
bigmario   
Wed Jan 09 2013, 08:20am
smihaialex wrote ...

Hey guys, the man has a manual not an auto gearbox... Different knob... Simmilar to C4 2.0 HDi 6+1 & C5... The top (where the numbers are) comes off and if I remmember correctly there are no screws... You just have to rotate it and it comes off (counter-clockwise for 90 degrees, if I remember)...

Infact! Is as you say! But I have to remove the cover to lift the top (that I think is blocked pressure) and then I can turn the knob? Right?
Anyway thanks for the answer!
smihaialex   
Wed Jan 09 2013, 01:48pm
Member No: #1031
Yes! Something like that! I will check with my service guys and get back to you...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club