Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

Winter experience

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Tjensen   
Fri Dec 21 2012, 01:24pm
Member No: #954
Over the Norwegian mountains form west to east yesterday. 16-22 celcius degrees below zero, snow, ice and wind. Engine temperture and cabin temperature spot on the whole journey (grille blind used.) Tracking and handling very relaxing and stable (a little "indirect" feeling). ESP started a few times and helped. One really dangerous situation at 1000 meter above sea level.

A young man in an ordinary car drove way too fast in the other direction and lost all control, heading front-to-front against us. I reacted in time, steered into the wrong side of the road and the car (with a little ESP help) behaved perfect.

One litte nug from the other car at the right hand rear side that could have started a spin, but ESP stopped it. 8 hours including ferry, pitstops and the incident and its aftermath.
C6Dave   
Fri Dec 21 2012, 03:12pm

Member No: #1
Is your car damaged then from the 'nug'?
Website
Tjensen   
Sat Dec 22 2012, 12:04am
Member No: #954
Not anything serious, rear right corner is plastic and got its shape back by itself, The small chrome list have marks and some small marks in the paint.And the whole thing is a few mm out of alignment. Have to get it professionaly inspected, this is only what I can see in snow and bad weather. The other part have thanked me for saving us all and is taking full responsibility.
Gobxoy   
Sat Dec 22 2012, 10:52am
Member No: #786
Lucky escape Tjensen. Good no one hurt, sounds as that could have been very nasty.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club