Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Misbehaving Spoiler

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
magicands   
Sun Dec 02 2012, 07:14pm
Member No: #1021
I ran my C6 a week ago and the spoiler deployed to full extent (I was not speeding Officer, Honest) when I pulled in at Tesco's I found the spoiler was still deployed at full height. I reset it by flicking the wiper switch down with ignition switched on (as if you wanted to change wiper blades)as this deploys the wiper blades to the "UP" position.
Then I drove off and when the car hit 12mph they spoiler seated itself back into the boot lid.
Not sure why it acted in this way but it has NOT happened since - touch wood - if i can find any wood in my C6 that is?
Website
Rich   
Tue Dec 04 2012, 03:08pm
Member No: #542
Mine is still paying up after 2 months of it misbehaving. It deploys perfectly around the 40mph and 79mph and goes back down at around 69 and fully at low speeds, but then randomly when I come to a stop, it fully deploys. Its very strange and annoying! I have had the Mobile Deflector Faulty message come up once as well. Currently, its down while parked but i know it will misbeave again on my next drive.
C6Dave   
Tue Dec 04 2012, 04:06pm

Member No: #1
Hmm as it's speed related to the point at which it lifts and lowers could it be a faulty speed sensor or simply a poor wiring connector that requires a clean.

Bit like the rear level sensor for the headlights which can cause issues?
Website
C6Dave   
Tue Dec 11 2012, 06:46pm

Just remembered the Technical Document which describes in detail what should happen and what systems are required before it operates: - Click Here -
Website
Rich   
Mon Dec 17 2012, 12:57pm
Mine is totally stuck in the up position now and won't move at all. I don't mind too much as i quite like the look but it want it working properly in the long run. It just annoys me that it seems Citroen will be the only garage able to fix it and will no doubt charge me a fortune.
Trainman   
Mon Dec 17 2012, 05:35pm

Member No: #86
You could try leaving the wiper switch in the first notch up overnight, and then in the morning whilst driving drop the switch to the normal.........

I think I lifted mine one night, or should I say gave it a good wiggle........ Chancing fate, I can't remember the last time it threw a 'paddy'
verycleverman   
Mon Dec 17 2012, 05:44pm
Member No: #65
Trainman wrote ...

You could try leaving the wiper switch in the first notch up overnight, and then in the morning whilst driving drop the switch to the normal.........

I suspect that course of action would not make any difference. As soon as you switch the ignition back on, in the morning, it will reset the maintenance position. The wipers will stow and the spoiler should reset when you move off.

Pete.
magicands   
Tue Dec 18 2012, 06:39pm
My spoiler deployed again the other day as it should but then forgot to de-deploy (if that's a word?) when I parked the car -
Went through the wiper blade change procedure and drove off and it dropped back down again.
Seems to me that these problems and eroneous alarms are something that a C6 owner has to live with or failing that keep giving your local Citroen dealer mega money to diagnose and fix.
Website
Rich   
Wed Dec 19 2012, 12:09am
I'll try the 'wiper blade wiggle' again but if not, up is the new look!
magicands   
Sun Dec 23 2012, 06:51pm
Hi Rich, my C6 now has deflector stuck up in the fully deployed position and will not sit down at all. I tried the wiper blade change sequence but even this did not work and my computer has now alarmed saying that The Deflector is Faulty"

I think that this latest problem may well see me bidding a not so fond farewell to my C6 as its cost me a fortune in repairs and diags since I picked it up in September and I simply refuse to spend any more money on it, especially as Citroen dealers are guessing at what the problem is also!!

I have said this before and I will say it again, my C6 (when I purchased it)was a one owner vehicle, full dealer service history and less than 50,000 miles on the clock, I did not expect to throw another wad of cash at it quite so quickly, and with NO end in sight to the WAD throwing I think the time has come to say "Les-Adieux"
Website
Rich   
Sun Dec 23 2012, 08:20pm
That is a real shame magicands. It sounds like you have had a mare with your C6 but don't let the spoiler fault make the decision to sell! I have had mine from one owner for 18 months and it had the same full service history and every receipt.

It had 56k on the clock when I bought it and now has 85k so I pile on the miles and it has been a true workhorse. OK, I have had one major problem with the suspension struts (very common) 1 month after purchase which I luckily had done under the original Citroen warranty that came with the car.

Since then, just one ball joint has been replaced in 30k miles! Its been one of the most reliable cars I've ever had! Remember, there is nothing on the road quite like a C6 and for me, owning it is all about individuality and uniqueness.

You are paying for the privilege of knowing your car stands out and there probably isn't another one around you for miles. I can't think of many other modern cars you can say that about...
C6Dave   
Mon Dec 24 2012, 07:16am

You could always disconnect the actuators and fasten it down with double sided tape........ (The 2.2 has a fixed one BTW)

I still have a feeling that it's either a relay or something related to a speed sensor as that's what triggers the activation/deactivation of the spoiler
Website
Rich   
Mon Dec 24 2012, 10:45am
Yes, you are probably right there. I will get it checked in the New Year. I'm happy with its rear end face lift for the time being!
gmerry   
Mon Dec 24 2012, 12:00pm
Member No: #21
Hi all, regarding detailed dignostics on the rear spoiler motor.

Does anyone know the motor type, is it a stepper motor with integrated feedback sensors? The key to any detailed investigations on the hardware would be understand how the motor itself works.

Regards and Merry Christmas
G
magicands   
Mon Dec 24 2012, 01:25pm
I have to venture out shortly and see if my C6 can float as I have to go to work and have just been informed that the roads I am about to travel on may well be unpassable, oh well, the car needs a wash!!
Merry Christmas everybody.
Website
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club