C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Trainman   
Mon Mar 18 2013, 01:20pm

Member No: #86
Yeah, I'll be there, unless something unforeseen comes up.
black_exclusive   
Sun Mar 24 2013, 04:58pm
Member No: #126
So, looking past the current wintry conditions, this is two weeks today!

I'll have to get Alan to have a word with his friend's in high places again...

If the weather was so bad that the grassed area was unsuitable then I am currently in talks with Burghley regarding an area of hardstanding right outside the house... Updates to follow as and when...

On other forums they've got a list going of people attending, so I've just had a look on here and constructed a quick list of those saying that they're attending...

1. C4 By Loeb - Franklin
2. Project X (hopefully) - Franklin, piloted by Terry
3. CX - Patrick.
4. DS3 - Ron.
5. C6 - Shaun.
6. C6 - Steve

So that's so far from on here, which is promising! The more the merrier though! Apologies if I missed you out, or if you're not planning to attend. Feel free to copy'n'paste the list and add yourself to it.

Few more details for you:

Arrival from 9:30am please!

Cost will be £5 parking for each car.

Prize-giving for awards will be at 3:00pm (or before depending on weather etc).

2 for 1 entry to House & Gardens on production of CCC Membership card.

For info, below are the attendance numbers from last year - can we beat them?!

BX - 26
Xantia - 19
XM - 13
CX - 9
Others - 16
black_exclusive   
Sun Mar 31 2013, 05:11pm
Well as there's only a week left (yes just 7 days!) I thought I'd give this topic a bump, but with something else too...

I can present some pics of the trophies...

As of last year there is a trophy for the Best CX, XM, Xantia and BX - new this year is a Special Award too...

Prizes are also on offer for the 2nd and 3rd place vehicles...

So get polishing folks... :wink:
black_exclusive   
Sat Apr 06 2013, 08:51pm
So, just a repeat of a few details for you:

The full address is Burghley House, Stamford, Lincolnshire, PE9 3JY so if you've got a sat nav stick that postcode in and it'll take you there (hopefully!). If not then here's an overview of the area - main entrance is mentioned, and the other Tag is where our area is.

...here's the main entrance that you'll want to be aiming for:

Hopefully they'll have fixed the sign since Google's been around... :wink:
black_exclusive   
Sun Apr 07 2013, 07:50pm
What a day indeed! First can I just say thanks to all those that came along. I found there was one thing wrong though...not enough time! :wink: It really did seem to fly-by...

A very encouraging turnout indeed for the second show - in total we had 111 cars though the gates. =D> This is up from 83 last year...

This year was more of an equal mix of numbers of cars in attendance and below you can see the run down. Xantia's were the most common this year!

Xantia - 23
XM - 20
BX - 20
Other Modern Citroens - 13
Other Older Citroen - 12
CX - 10
DS3s - 7
Non-Citroen - 6

Regarding the awards, these were judged and chosen by the previous year's winners and also dad, Patrick, although ultimately the decision is with the previous winner - these are also listed below:

CX
1st - CX GTi Turbo Series 1 - Jon Langman's.
2nd - CX 20 RE Safari - Andrew's.
3rd - CX DTR Turbo 2 - - Bob's.

XM
1st - XM VSX TD Estate - .
2nd - XM Onyx - .
3rd - XM SED TD Auto - Rob.

Xantia
1st - Xantia 1.9TD Estate - Neil's.
2nd - Xantia 3.0 V6 - .
3rd - Xantia Activa V6 - Shaun Lilley's.

BX
1st - BX Meteor - Gary's.
2nd - BX 16 TRS - Tim's.
3rd - BX 19 Digit - Franklin's.

The Shed of the Show was awarded to Barry Annell's BX Estate (that's two BXs that have won Shed of the Show now...) :wink:

The Special Prize was awarded to Brian Primmer for many dedicated years to CCC Rallies with parts being brought along and advice being given.

Unfortunately I didn't seem to take many photos (just over 40!) but I'll get cracking with the editing tonight and get them posted up. Looking forward to other people's photos.

Good to see faces old and new, spent most of the day chatting and apologies to those I didn't get around to having a chat with.
Hattershaun   
Sun Apr 07 2013, 08:37pm
Member No: #320
Well done Franklin, a jolly good day was had by all I believe, even though I was in my Xantia and not the C6, very pleasing to get an award, thank you.
On the C6 front there were two new cars in attendance as well as Trainman's car.
A grey petrol one that belongs to a friend of mine, recently purchased and a red 2.2, I know the owners & they have just registered the car on the forum here. Actually, I also know two of the previous owners of the red 2.2.
The good start to what I hope will continue to be a good season of car club gatherings.
Trainman   
Mon Apr 08 2013, 12:04pm

Member No: #86
I've taken some picture, which I've just finished up loading a few of them - Click Here - but here's a couple to wet your appetite:

The C6 Petrol Shaun referred to:

and the red 2.2:

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club