Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

The CCC X Rally - 7th April 2013.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
black_exclusive   
Sun Dec 23 2012, 08:03pm
Member No: #126

Following on from last years inaugural X Rally that was a brilliant success, we will of course be holding it again next year. The date, as you can see on the above information poster, is the 7th April 2013 and this once again combines with Burghley's Fine Food Market that is a well represented event that they hold each year.

If you attended last year you will know that we got a brilliant turnout of 80+ Citroens which for a first was excellent. However next year I am sure we can do even better, and in particular I for one would like to see some more Modern Cs at events - all are welcome however I'd like to push for more modern's...

If you're not familiar with Burghley please see their website as it is a very interesting place in it's own right.

As it is early days I will keep this thread updated when further details come to light, and as an organiser of this particular event any questions just ask...

Thanks!
theguardian   
Tue Dec 25 2012, 08:19am
Member No: #645
sorry to hijack the thread tut tut tut dont forget the ds3 / ds4s & /ds5
C6Dave   
Tue Dec 25 2012, 09:11am

Member No: #1
theguardian wrote ...

Aren't they Modern C's then?
Website
black_exclusive   
Tue Dec 25 2012, 11:31am
Aha, I can see what you're saying Ron...

However the Modern Cs is an abbreviation for Modern Citroens and not just C1,2,3,4,5,6,8 etc...

ciao_chao   
Wed Dec 26 2012, 12:10am
Member No: #518
Would it be wrong to refer to the DSrange as Modern D's?
Trainman   
Wed Dec 26 2012, 08:30am

Member No: #86
Just a thought, but could a "Modern Section" not be added at DSM
theguardian   
Wed Dec 26 2012, 09:12am
C6Dave wrote ...

theguardian wrote ...

Aren't they Modern C's then?

you are right about that dave if someone wants a c3 they buy a c3 they dont buy ds3 do they or c4 /ds4 /c5 /ds5 i think the ds range are the modern citroen's now
black_exclusive   
Wed Dec 26 2012, 01:52pm
As mentioned earlier chaps, ,my abbreviation that is Modern Cs is of Modern Citroens, and not just the C1-8 model lineup - this of course includes the DS3-5 range too...
Trainman wrote ...
Just a thought, but could a "Modern Section" not be added at DSM

Ha! I'm not too sure how the DS or SM owners would take to that, but you could try...

In all seriousness though I'm trying to push for more Modern Citroens at events and as the X Rally is one that I organise I thought it best to try for that first (also its the first rally of the year). I think that the CCC National would be a good one as the location could be attractive to some (Wicksteed Park) although I don't really have anything to do with that Rally organisation wise but I'll still try and promote it...
C6Dave   
Wed Dec 26 2012, 04:07pm

Member No: #1
2011 at CCC National in March, Cambs there was 6+ C6's, a C4 and a C4GP as well as a few other 'modern' Citroens.

But...... how would you define 'Modern' V 'Classic'?

The classic club I'm in locally pitches it at 18+ years old to be a 'Classic' to attend rally's
Website
black_exclusive   
Wed Dec 26 2012, 04:18pm
There's always going to be a few in attendance however that's still not enough IMO and there's always more Classic Citroens that Modern Citroens...

The definition of a "classic car" is a hazy one and pretty much everyone has a different opinion on what is and isn't deemed as a class. Interesting to google the definition of a "classic car" and it came back with this for the UK:
wrote ...
"There is no fixed definition of a classic car. Two taxation issues do impact however, leading to some people using them as cutoff dates. HM Revenue & Customs define a classic car for company taxation purposes as being over 15 years old and having a value in excess of £15,000. Additionally popular acclaim through a large number of classic car magazines plays an important role in whether a car comes to be regarded as a classic. It is all subjective and a matter of opinion. The elimination of depreciation is a reason for buying a classic car, this is a major cost of owning a modern car."

In the terms of Citroen Meetings I think there's quite an easy divide of Modern and Classic - of course there's a few models in the middle that could be classed as Modern Classic with more people appreciating them/follower bases being in place (I'd say that the Xantia is in this category).

All I am trying to do is get more Modern Citroens to CCC Events as there is interest from the likes of Ron, Steve and myself and of course others. The CCC is not the CCCC, the Classic Citroen Car Club, but the Citroen Car Club for everyone in any Citroen. Advertising a few events such as the X Rally and National Rally around a few Modern Citroen forums there has been healthy interest, and hopefully this will mean that more Modern Citroens will attend. We can but hope...

theguardian   
Wed Dec 26 2012, 11:55pm
very well said franklin and i for one will be there with some, more modern ds3's/c3's whatever some member's want to call them.
from the ds3 car club & as you said its c.c.c & as a member of said club i will support it at any rally i & the ds3's can get too.
regards ron
Trainman   
Fri Dec 28 2012, 03:00pm

Member No: #86
Let's be fair about this, this isn't a discussion we should be having on this forum, It should be on the CCC as this is the club in question.

The last thing we want to do is cause some sort of animosity, similar to that caused in the past.........
black_exclusive   
Fri Dec 28 2012, 03:03pm
Have a look on the CCC Steve - there's a thread going on there...
black_exclusive   
Sun Mar 17 2013, 09:10pm
BUMP!!!

Three weeks today folks!

So, anyone else fancy going?
Hattershaun   
Sun Mar 17 2013, 10:14pm
Member No: #320
I'll be going to The X Rally. Not sure if I will drive my C6, GSA or Xantia just yet. Decisions, decisions.......
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club