C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Near side headlight failure

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Kerdevan   
Thu Mar 28 2013, 05:27pm
Member No: #984
Hi Folks, was reading with interest and thought I'd give you a tip for the D2S Xenon light bulbs.

But may be the second one, and by the way you get money back through Topcashback.com at the Tmart site as well. The other thing I was thinking was that a lot of parts are common between Peugot and Citroen now so it may be easier to get a second user Peugot part if that is your intention. Keep up the good work, this is a great site.John Burns

PS A bit miffed, someone in my home town has bought an identical C6 Lignage, same colur and everything. Now I only get half the admiring glances.
gmerry   
Thu Mar 28 2013, 06:13pm
Member No: #21
Sorry to spoil the apparent bargain, but paying this little for no-name bulbs is unlikely to be bargain.

Regards
G
C6Dave   
Thu Mar 28 2013, 07:08pm

Member No: #1
I'm with G on this. The OEM Xenon bulbs have a long lifespan normally and we have seen the results of cheap Halogen bulbs over at C4owners, they just don't last and are of poor quality.

It's a case of 'Buyer Beware' on those you linked to.
Website
dsharples   
Fri Nov 01 2013, 09:46pm
Member No: #119
Returning from Wigan to Woodbridge on Wednesday, I noticed that my offside headlight is sometimes "flickering" (when queuing to join A14 from the M6). Its still white, but has a flicker, a little like a "mains hum" from a dodgy rectifier. I can't prove it, but I'm sure its also sometimes dimming down as well.

Is this likely to be a ballast fault looming, or a bulb failure?
smihaialex   
Fri Nov 01 2013, 11:57pm
Member No: #1031
Sorry to spoil the party K,

But I also agree w Dave & G on this - it's called "false economy"

Furthermore, you should know that all OEM HID bulbs and most aftermarket quality brand name HID bulbs have a colour teperature of 4200-4300K, which is a white light, with just a shade of light blue. Philips does make a 6000K D2S dubbed Blue Vision, but it's waaay too blue if you ask me.

However, the cheapo Chinese 6000K and 10000K respectively, are sure to be even bluer because, well, Chinese manufacturers are such overachievers, at least when it comes to aftermarket auto parts - my brother bought a set of supposedly 6000K white LED W5W bulb replacements and when they light up, they are blue, not blue-white, but simply blue - his car looks like a [%*^#@!] ambulance

And I don't know how you feel about the subject, but I personally find anything above the standard 4300K to be in poor taste - that blue light makes the sweetest of luxury saloons look cheap - like they've been fitted with cheap aftermarket HID kits. Not to mention that I think it's illegal (at least in some countries) - the international standard to which most countries adhere allows white yellow and amber lights on the front of the car, and red, white, yellow and amber at the back, no mention of blue anywhere

@DSharp: when HID bulbs start to go, before dying completely, they start turning pink-magenta. I've never heard of an HID bulb flickering, so if it's flickering, it's most likely not the bulb, and also not the ballast, but a connection problem, just like I have with my left hand side headlight. In my case, the connector doesn't fit snug into the igniter at the base of the bulb, so if I keep my directional headlight feature on, the bulb sometimes goes out, and yes, sometimes it just flickers. You can test this out by driving slowly and cornering a lot, and also by flicking between the high and low beams - these things make my headlight act up more. Also vibration caused by poor roads is sometimes a factor. If all or any of these make your problem worse, then it must be the same thing. If not, I don't know, but again, I wouldn't suspect the bulb, nor the ballast on this...

Cheerios,
Sam

AndyWithercock   
Fri Nov 29 2013, 09:23pm
Member No: #1199
Hi Folks,

Had a similar issue with the nearside headlight intermittently failing. It would seem to flicker and occasionally go out all together. Turning the lights to side-lights and then back to auto would restore the failed light. Managed to tie the occurrences down for lateral force on the car - i.e. roundabouts or 'quicker' 90 degree junctions. Had it into the dealer and they will be replacing the whole headlight unit under warranty.

Andy
smihaialex   
Fri Nov 29 2013, 09:45pm
Member No: #1031
It's not G force related, it's directional lights related... You could have verified that by disabling the directional headlights from the car's configuration menu. Anyways, it's great that your car is still under warranty and they'll replace your entire headlight.

As for me and my similar issue, quick update: I fiddled with it a lot and it's not the connector as I had previously suspected... Because we're talking about the left hand side headlight, I was able to take the rubber lid off while the headlights were on and then used rubber tools to bang the igniter base, pull on the wires, apply pressure in all directions, and the bulb never went out, so...

Back to the drawing board.

All ideas welcome.

Thanks,
Sam
joopajaa   
Sat Dec 11 2021, 01:22pm
Member No: #3261
Any ideas why totally new right headlamp still gives error "no connection between headlamp". All new ecu ballast and bulb with it. Diagbox wont remove the fault. Battery was off. Both xenons are lit. Green indicator is still blinking.
jamescarruthers   
Sat Dec 11 2021, 01:27pm
Member No: #1548
joopajaa wrote ...

Any ideas why totally new right headlamp still gives error "no connection between headlamp". All new ecu ballast and bulb with it. Diagbox wont remove the fault. Battery was off. Both xenons are lit. Green indicator is still blinking.

I asked the very same question of BL Autos when they serviced my car and they said something like this is a nuisance message in Lexia and that the computer only talks to one lamp unit, which then sends the signal to the other side. So basically, if it is all working then you can ignore this message.
joopajaa   
Sat Dec 11 2021, 04:28pm
But the lights do not turn and the fault lamp is blinking. Cars own computer tells "directional headlights fault" :/
jamescarruthers   
Sat Dec 11 2021, 04:32pm
Member No: #1548
Ah sorry, I thought everything was working and you were just questioning the fault message in Lexia, like I was.

I know when I got mine, both lamps worked for a short time, then one would go out and then the blinking dashboard light would happen. This was simply the bulbs being old and replacement sorted this out. Sadly it looks like you have new bulbs from your post.

Sorry not to be able to help more but best of luck getting it sorted.
joopajaa   
Tue Dec 14 2021, 03:34pm
The code is "B1102 - connection between headlamps".

The left one (old) is working if commanded via diagbox to turn or go up or down. Right one (new) is not available. The old right worked just fine (until the ecu part failed second time). As told both are lit and high beam works fine on both.
Fraunie   
Tue Dec 14 2021, 06:31pm
Member No: #3763
In your place I would check each connector from and towards the headlamps and treat them with contact-spray. Lots of electrical problems (especially in the C6) occur because of corroded pins in these connectors...
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club