C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Vacuum lines (pipes) ???

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
carlosbeneto   
Wed Feb 28 2018, 11:05am
Member No: #3425
After spending hours last night researching how these valves work I agree, it's just a vent. However, apparently the little part that I'm missing is a calibrated vent (PSA's words) which were fitted as part of a recall. If you can find it it would be great!

On the positive side, thanks to the invaluable information on this forum I realised I had my cunifer pipe hack backwards, no wonder it didn't work! I also realised I'd forgotten to tighten the jubilee clip holding the intercooler pipe to the intake, which immediately popped off the moment it got any hint of boost. I haven't got round to attaching it again but I'm hoping that'll clear the fault.

It's just typical of me, successfully carry out a complicated and delicate cambelt change and then I spend a week troubleshooting my own stupidity...
C6Dave   
Wed Feb 28 2018, 12:05pm

Member No: #1
carlosbeneto wrote ...

After spending hours last night researching how these valves work I agree, it's just a vent. However, apparently the little part that I'm missing is a calibrated vent (PSA's words) which were fitted as part of a recall. If you can find it it would be great!

Recall MBW October 2009 from - Click Here -

--------------------------------------------
Manufacturer Ref: MBW
Model C6 with DT17 Engine
Launch Date: 22/10/2009
Numbers Involved: 676
Build Start Date: 06/10/2004
Build End Date: 04/05/2007
Concern: BRAKE PERFORMANCE MAY BE AFFECTED
Description: Residual low pressure persists in the power braking vacuum circuit which may result in the loss of power assistance when braking.

Remedial Action: Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected to make modifications to the vacuum circuit to fit a calibrated air vent in the vacuum circuit.
--------------------------------------------------

Armed with that info any dealer should be able to dig out the original notification and find the part number for the upgraded vacuum line?
Website
MGmike   
Wed Feb 28 2018, 12:31pm
Member No: #3151
thanks for the link Dave.

Carlos, the recall and fitting of the "calibrated valve" is in the brake vacuum circuit and not the swirl valves. It might be the same part but I doubt you'll notice any effect if it's not there. The worst that can happen is the swirl valves open/close a bit quicker than designed!

I will however check the scrap bin for you on Saturday (if I get home through the snow!)
MGmike   
Sat Mar 03 2018, 11:34pm
Member No: #3151
Carlos,
I think I've found the very expensive "calibrated vent unit"

I was just about to give up rummaging through the VERY big pile of scrap when it made itself visible!
Send me a PM with details of where you want it sent to and I'll accept lot of C6 recommisioning vouchers in return

321dave   
Sat Mar 03 2018, 11:37pm
Member No: #614
Hi Carlos,
one of the aforementioned valves is for sale second hand on eBay at the moment. Oh, sorry I didn't read the previous post from MGMike. Idir way your sorted.

carlosbeneto   
Sun Mar 04 2018, 01:15pm
Member No: #3425
Thanks 321Dave for the tip! Yeah, MGMike has come to the rescue but I really appreciate the lookout.

I'm pleased to report that the EGR fault has now cleared and I have a clean dashboard again so without wanting to claim victory too early and touching all things wooden I think it's mission accomplished!

I've got to say the help I'm getting from this forum has been absolutely priceless so far!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club