C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Vacuum lines (pipes) ???

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
stefan063   
Tue Dec 04 2012, 11:35pm
Member No: #918
Can someone post me some PDF about full vacuum lines for my 2007 C6 2.7 HDI? I Had brakes aussi stuttering problem and low on gas pedal position! Changed vacuum pump ... Much better but still small Amount of problems! I hear some noise coming from vac from the front of the engine but can not tell from where! Thank you
C6Dave   
Wed Dec 05 2012, 07:18am

Member No: #1
No need for a pdf, the circuit isn't exactly large;

Website
stefan063   
Wed Dec 05 2012, 08:04am
That is vac for brakes. I need vac pdf for variable inlet manifold.
C6Dave   
Wed Dec 05 2012, 08:43am

Well you did state brakes in your post......

I'm not sure what it is your after but this is the Intake Manifold Vacum Pipe Set.

There is only 1 part number so you can only buy the complete set: 1622Y7

Website
stefan063   
Wed Dec 05 2012, 01:03pm
What is this thing no.1? Some sensor? And whats for some black box below air filter? There are a lot of vacuum line going to it?
gmerry   
Wed Dec 05 2012, 01:43pm
Member No: #21
Hi all, Dave does a great job of trying to support C6 owners/ forum posters in addressing our various problems. So big thanks to him.

I know there is possibly a language issue sometimes, but we still need to keep in mind that this is entirely a voluntary effort.

Regards
G
C6Dave   
Wed Dec 05 2012, 02:02pm

Don't understand the question I'm afraid.

Look in the Technical Documents section: - Click Here -
Website
cruiserphil   
Wed Dec 05 2012, 10:19pm

Member No: #38
Lads,

The part 1622Y7 is the vacuum pipe set for the two swirl control valves. Item 1 is the swirl control solenoid valve. I bought this pipe set as I noticed the pipes had cracked on one of the cars when I was replacing the thermostat coolant tank (probably became brittle from heat). I did a temporary repair to keep things right in the mean time. I think the set cost about €105. Typical for me though, I must have the part for over a month now but haven't fitted it yet.

Regards,

Phil C.
carlosbeneto   
Tue Feb 27 2018, 08:08pm
Member No: #3425
Sorry to revive an old thread! I'm after some wisdom/suggestions. During my recent cambelt change I managed to snap the vacuum lines for the solenoid and 321Dave pointed me to gmerry's genius solution of using cunifer brake pipe to fix it.

I've managed to do this with two of the lines, however, looking at the picture of 1622Y7 (and photos from before me snapping the thing) it looks like the third line has some kind of relief valve. I cannot seem to find this valve in the garage anywhere, it's probably behind the engine somewhere.

Any suggestions what I could replace it with? Am I really going to have to spend £180 for a plastic relief valve? If anyone has one of these lying about they'll instantly become my favourite person! The car is giving me a P0401 code. This code seems like an EGR valve not opening, which would be consistent with the vacuum lines not being properly connected, would this be a correct assumption? The symptoms are fairly straightforward (a slightly rough idle).

This is how far I've got:

carlosbeneto   
Tue Feb 27 2018, 08:26pm
I've highlighted the valve I'm missing.

321dave   
Tue Feb 27 2018, 09:20pm
Member No: #614
Hi Carlos,
I found this thread from Vaho explaining the pipes and the connections.
I think the vent is the same vent that was placed as an upgrade on the brake server following an early recall for the C6

So the part you need is only the little vent on the end of the third swirl pipe that broke away.

- Click Here -
carlosbeneto   
Tue Feb 27 2018, 09:31pm
Hi Dave,

That's the one I'm after! Any idea where to find one? I can't seem to find any, I don't really know how to describe it :/

Cheers!
MGmike   
Tue Feb 27 2018, 10:00pm
Member No: #3151
Carlos,
if you can wait until the weekend I'll have a rummage through my scrap pile to see if I still have one. I broke the sensor when messing with mine and so had to splash the cash
carlosbeneto   
Tue Feb 27 2018, 10:03pm
Thanks MGmike! I'll let you know if I find something in the meantime, although now knowing that it's actually a vent and not a pressure relief valve I have the feeling I might have broken it too... I wasn't too gentle with it to be fair I'll give it another shot tomorrow morning and I'll see if it's behaving.

Cheers!
MGmike   
Tue Feb 27 2018, 10:14pm
Member No: #3151
thinking about it's function would suggest everything would work without the little valve. If I'm right, it allows air back in to deactivate the swirl valves when the solenoid is one position (activated?). In the other position (rest) the solenoid presents a vacuum to activate the swirl valves.

I might be wrong on this.... But I don't think it's causing the EGR fault.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club