Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

How do you remove the front fog lamp lens?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Stealth   
Sat Dec 01 2012, 05:19am
Member No: #986
My front fog lamps have a swirling white residue on the inside of the lens that I'd like to clean up.

The black plastic embellisher that surrounds the fog lamp/daytime running lamp/indicator easily unclips but I'm not sure how to remove the fog lamp lens.

As it appears to be glass, I don't want to apply too much pressure to lever it out. It doesn't seem to turn or unclip.

Does anybody know if it can be removed? The manual says to consult a Citroen dealer when the bulb needs replacing.

While it's not easy to see the swirl in this photo, it's noticeable to the naked eye.

C6Dave   
Sat Dec 01 2012, 08:03am

Member No: #1
The lens is 'Bonded' (glued) to the unit so it's very hard to remove.

It would be simpler to buy the new unit complete and swap it over.
Website
Stealth   
Sun Dec 02 2012, 01:39am
Glad I asked.

Thanks Dave.
C6Dave   
Sun Dec 02 2012, 08:01am

Member No: #1
The units are normally 'Valeo Fogstar' used across the whole Citroen/Peugeot range. Citroen part number is: 6206E1

However you may find that a 'Samlip' part number 6206Q3 is used

Bulb BTW is a H11 12V-55W

It appears that they are used acros a wide range of cars as well. There's a pair on eBay atm for a 2009 Focus RS - Click Here - at £60
Website
travlician   
Thu Feb 07 2013, 12:57am
Member No: #350
"The black plastic embellisher that surrounds the fog lamp/daytime running lamp/indicator easily unclips" but how? Just pry it off I tried but didn't budge with little force and don't want to break it? Or are there some bumper/bottom parts to remove first?
Stealth   
Thu Feb 07 2013, 10:27am
Hi Travlican,

It's really easy. Just place your fingers behind the centre facing edge of the car so you get a good grip, then give a firm pull outwards. The plastic is quite flexible so I don't think there's much risk you'll do any damage. You don't need to remove anything else first. I've taken a photo to show you where to locate your fingers.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club