Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

200 miles closer to Rennes

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
BruceB   
Wed Nov 28 2012, 12:07pm
Member No: #234
As mentioned in passing in a thread last night, I collected my 57-registered 2.7L from Macclesfield yesterday. It was a grind of a journey north, and an unalloyed delight on the way back south. That's not a snarky swipe at the north, of course, but a comment on the pleasures of driving a C6.

The car is black with cream leather, lounge pack and sunroof. It's done 65,000 miles, which is verified by the MoT records. I had been concerned, after reading some of the threads here, that it might have been sitting unsold in a field for a long while. Checking the ORGA number, however, tells me that it was built on 12 June 2007, so that's good.

Problems? One tiny and one which might turn out to be a wallet-lightener.

The rubber lip to the sunroof is loose. This meant that, when I did a ceremonial opening of it on the M6, it wouldn't close. Driving an unfamiliar car in traffic while tucking the lip into its guide and avoiding getting hit by the sunroof was ... interesting. Fixing it will be the matter of a moment, however.

The possible biggie is that the passenger's electric seat doesn't work at all. Since it's dead in all 'planes' and there's no light in the switches either, I thought (hoped) it was just a fuse. I had a scrabble in the glovebox last night, and it seems that the 30A fuses there are all intact. The orientation of the fusebox is at variance with the picture in the manual, so I could be wrong. Any ideas, chaps? Could it be a relay or a loose conection somewhere?

So the car is now based a bit closer to the factory, and SWMBO (French) is happy to have 'une voiture présidentielle'. Incidentally, I am surprised how relatively small the boot is, as some reviews had mentioned its impressive capacity. I took a friend to Gatwick early this morning, and she was barely able to fit 2 (admittedly very large) bags in there. Ah well, I've been used to driving an estate for years, and look forward to adapting to a saloon.

All in all, colour me happy.
C6Dave   
Wed Nov 28 2012, 01:55pm

Member No: #1
Take a look under the seat and see if the wiring connectors are all tight before trying anything else.

As for the boot, it really isn't the biggest in the world for the size of the car and you may need to buy 2 new suitcases for those longer trips
Website
BruceB   
Wed Nov 28 2012, 02:28pm
C6Dave wrote ...

Take a look under the seat and see if the wiring connectors are all tight before trying anything else.

... and you may need to buy 2 new suitcases for those longer trips

Thanks for the tip about the seat. The problem is going to be in getting under there!

It was a bit of a tongue-in-cheek line about the boot. Her two bags were simply ENORMOUS, mostly crammed with gifts for 'back home' in the West Indies (tins of Quality Street are £5 here, and £36 there. We, by contrast, have lived on boats and travel very light with small sailing-bags; also, they show up well on the conveyor-belts.

It is astonishing, though, how much redundant kludge gets left behind and forgotten in an estate car, as I discovered when I was clearing mine out for the trade-in. There was an ECHO-ECho-echo of cries of "I wondered where that had got to" from the family.
Trainman   
Wed Nov 28 2012, 07:11pm

Member No: #86
BruceB wrote ...
It was a grind of a journey north, and an unalloyed delight on the way back south.

can't have gone on one of our wonderful Pendolino's travelled in Standard Class, a habit you have now broken unless, of course you are now travelling in First Class. I do agree though that the C6 is a wonderful cruiser, though.
BruceB   
Wed Nov 28 2012, 09:10pm
Trainman wrote ...

BruceB wrote ...
It was a grind of a journey north, and an unalloyed delight on the way back south.

can't have gone on one of our wonderful Pendolino's!

It was a grind because I drove there ...

... and floated back on/in my French magic carpet. The return journey felt like half the length - well, it was 'downhill', after all. Having pre-emptively cut a single 4-hour CD of favourite music might have had something to do with that, tho-but.
ciao_chao   
Thu Nov 29 2012, 12:47am
Member No: #518
I'm rather jealous. My first C6 drive was a rather short test with the dealer, and I guess like one's virginity, you can only lose it once.
Tjensen   
Thu Nov 29 2012, 08:43am
Member No: #954
I was lucky with the first drive : 750 km or so, mostly in dark and rain with varying road conditions. A lot of road time and then the relaxed feeling after a day of driving !! Even compared to the (now retired) XM V6

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club