Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Introduce yourself

Greetings from Preston (part 3)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Trainman   
Mon Apr 12 2010, 08:06am

Member No: #86
I bought my C6 in July 2009, it's a 2.7 Exclusive in Storm Grey with a Black leather interior, since buying it I've covered 14.000 miles, mostly driving back and to, work. 'Ark Royal' was first registered on 01.12.2005

regards

Steve
C6Dave   
Mon Apr 12 2010, 08:40am

Member No: #1
Welcome

Hope we can be of help, how many miles has the car done in total?
Website
Trainman   
Mon Apr 12 2010, 08:50am

Hi Dave, almost 68,000
gmerry   
Mon Apr 12 2010, 07:11pm
Member No: #21
Dave, we need to hear more from you as you probably have one of the higher mileage cars. I wouldnt be surprised if your car is more reliable than some low mileage examples; they seem to thrive on use.

Regards
Trainman   
Mon Apr 12 2010, 07:32pm

So far it's been quite good, a couple of issues that I've found today are a bottom wish bone bush and a bottom ball joint. The only other thing has been the corrosion of the valves on the wheels
C6Dave   
Mon Apr 12 2010, 07:38pm

Wishbone and ball joints showing wear at 68,000?

Sounds good compared to some of the Fords and Morris's I have owned in the past!

Corrosion on the valves is very common. It's cheaper and easier to replace them with ordinary ones and just disable the warning function via Lexia/Proxia
Website
Trainman   
Mon Apr 12 2010, 07:41pm

I'm hoping that as I've only had the car since July 2009 that they will be covered under the 1 year warrenty that they have supplied. I'll know more tomorrow
C6Dave   
Tue Apr 13 2010, 06:52am

Trainman wrote ...

I'm hoping that as I've only had the car since July 2009 that they will be covered under the 1 year warrenty that they have supplied. I'll know more tomorrow

Interesting as it's done more than 60,000 miles now I will be interested to hear the outcome

I would have normally said they would be covered if you have a warranty, but in this case due to the mileage..................
Website
Trainman   
Wed Apr 14 2010, 06:14pm

Okay, story so far....

I've spoken to the dealer who I got the car off, and they tell me that they have confirmation that they sent off the warrenty, so it looks like it's the Boys and Girls at Slough. The purchasing dealer is going to chase this up and the repairing dealer is going to let me know when it goes on the system.

I'm also sorely tempted to email Slough with copies of the documentation and see if that will resolve it.
michaelb   
Wed Apr 14 2010, 06:42pm
Member No: #14
Trainman wrote ...

I'm also sorely tempted to email Slough with copies of the documentation and see if that will resolve it.

I'd be tempted to call Slough directly and talk it though with them. I've always found them to be very straight to deal with.
Trainman   
Sat Apr 17 2010, 07:53am

michaelb wrote ...

I'd be tempted to call Slough directly and talk it though with them. I've always found them to be very straight to deal with.

Michael I took your advise and spoke to the Customer Contact Centre, who I have to say were extremely helpful.

I told them the story and the very nice lady said she would speak to the purchasing dealer. An hour and a half later she rang me back to say that the dealer was disputing not having sent the warrenty to Citroen. After some discussiion between them, The dealer said they would resend the warrenty ocumentation to Citroen, Still nothing recieved by Citroen, I then spoken to the dealer, "Yes no problem I'll send it right now" say's the man in service. I speak to the CCC at 17:30 and they have still recieved nothing. So me being me, offered to send all the documentation I have to the CCC for them to follow up on monday.
Trainman   
Mon Apr 19 2010, 05:19pm

Spoke to Citroen at Slough this morning, and by 10:30 everything was sorted. I took the car to the dealer this afternoon for them to have a look at.

Turns out that both bottom ball joints need replacing and they are on order. Going in on Thursday to be done.
michaelb   
Mon Apr 19 2010, 06:25pm
Member No: #14
Trainman wrote ...
Going in on Thursday to be done.

Let's hope that sorts it
Trainman   
Thu Apr 22 2010, 07:39pm

The car went in yesterday, for both bottom ball joints, it seems there a a 'flag' on these if the pivot is pitted then that needs to be replaced also. as the pivot is part of the hub, that has to be sorted. so now bottom bottom ball joints and both hubs. hoping to get the car back tomorrow, but could be saturday.
Trainman   
Mon Nov 08 2010, 08:19pm

tonyrome wrote ...

After some difficulty, I managed to obtain these from Citroen UK, so we have definitive information now. However, they wouldn't reveal the breakdown of sales of the different model variants, which is what I asked for, claiming this was sensitive information .

As you can see, sales have been pitiful but they've also been declining heavily since 2007, with the current year looking like being the worst full year so far, despite the new diesel engine. I would therefore not be at all surprised if production is stopped next year, as it can't surely be economic to produce these numbers.

2005 - 10
2006 - 167
2007 - 363
2008 - 163
2009 - 134
2010 - 40 (to June)

Total to June 2010 - 877

Of the 'Original 10' registered in 2005, I've managed to track down pictures of

YOA which is mine

YOD seen at Elvington

YOL seen at Stafford

YON seen at Wetherby

of the others YOC, YOH, YOM, YOO, according to the DVLA website are currently taxed, However, It appears that YOD isn't currently on the road, Wonder where the other two are

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club