Objective complete - new C6 owner!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
kitch   
Thu Oct 08 2020, 09:00am
Member No: #4485
Hi all,

Took the plunge a few weeks back on a 2007 (a GJ59 car) Exclusive V6 in Storm Grey/cream/beige interior, and with seemingly all the options boxes ticked. Always wanted one, have LHM in my veins (though this is my first LDS car) and looking to press it into use as my daily driver (I don't do many miles, so it won't have as much opportunity to play up!)

I bought the car (very) cheaply from a chap who commendably didn't want to put the car on eBay and see it won for parts. He was more keen to see it go to a good home, and that's what I intend to give it.

As you might expect, it's got some issues. The handbrake being the first (which is preventing it getting an MoT). Then there's the gearbox, which slams into reverse, stalls at the lights and is a bit dimwitted generally. Finally, the "Suspension Faulty" screen, accompanied by an instant firming of the ride quality.

I've had it on DiagBox already, and I'm hoping the suspension is just a sensor. The rest? We'll see as we go!

Cheers

321dave   
Thu Oct 08 2020, 12:15pm
Member No: #614
Welcome Kitch,
sounds like a lovely C6. They do need a bit of constant fettling to keep them on the road, but that's part of the Joys of owning any Citroen old or relatively new.

Let us know if you need any further help along the way.

kind regards
321dave
Hattershaun   
Fri Oct 09 2020, 06:56am
Member No: #320
Good luck with your first C6, in at the deep end as they say.
cruiserphil   
Fri Oct 09 2020, 09:29am

Member No: #38
Best of luck with the work,

Best regards,

Phil C.
bargi   
Mon Oct 19 2020, 09:49pm
Member No: #2590
Good luck with the project

Whatever you do, don't buy a second hand hamdbrake unit, they're coded to the car and as far as I've seen can't be recodded.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club