Re-furbishing alloy wheels

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Chris Burmajster   
Sun Apr 11 2010, 07:53am
Member No: #81
Hello Everybody,

During the recent hard winter here in the UK, I damaged 3 of my C6's alloy wheels. I've found a mobile re-furbishment service but they charge 70 GBP per wheel before tax. I'm just wondering - does anybody know how much a new set cost? I've looked on Citroen's website but can find no mention of them.

Chris
C6Dave   
Sun Apr 11 2010, 09:55am

Member No: #1
A lot more than that I'm afraid.

You can get alloys refurbished from around £45 per wheel, ask at a few body shops locally.

It's only a paint job, same as car bodywork.
Website
tonyrome   
Sat May 01 2010, 11:53am
Member No: #15
My 18s had minor damage from the previous owner, so I'm having them refurbished whilst I'm back in the UK, by Aerocoat, who are in Norfolk. They are award-winning powder coaters and do a very professional job.

It takes them 2-3 days but they use an acid bath to strip them, then repair the wheels before powder coating them. I have gone for a silver finish which is as close to the original as possible, although they will do pink (!), gold, anthracite, chrome etc.

Aerocoat also paint the plastic caps to match and standard finishes are only £40/wheel, which is a decent price. I'll try to take some photos of the finished article and post them here.
C6Dave   
Sat May 01 2010, 12:36pm

Member No: #1
£40 a wheel for powder coating is a great price Tony and pictures would be good.
Website
tonyrome   
Tue May 04 2010, 06:57pm
Member No: #15
I collected the 18s this afternoon and they look great. The entire wheel has been powder coated, so they really look like new. Images are not great but I will collect the car tomorrow and can try to take some decent pictures of them then.

nickyg   
Thu May 13 2010, 10:44pm
Member No: #100
Excellent job!

The C6 wheels are indeed extremely liable to get kerbed!

Thinking of refurbing mine with a slightly brighter hyper silver somewhere down the line.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club