Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Should I buy a new battery? And if so, where the hell is it?!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
M21   
Tue Nov 25 2014, 11:47am
Member No: #871
Hi,

Just to let you know that Varta Blue Dynamic G3 is doing great.

The engine starts immediately as you turn the key (and it feels a lot more energetic start).

Funny thing is that I used to hear a short "bip" just after turning the key and since I changed the battery it's gone!

So far so good, the Varta G3 seems to be good option for those who can't find its "bigger brother" H2 at a reasonable price.

Regards.
jmcgowan   
Wed Nov 26 2014, 08:57pm
Member No: #1864
Sorry. Just tuning into this now. My car is slow starting and I jump started from the battery at the front. Which battery is the one to replace?
M21   
Wed Nov 26 2014, 09:39pm
Hi jmcgowan,

Varta's H3 (silver line - 100 Ah) seems to be the most suitable to replace the OEM Citroën battery.

Never the less, I've used Varta's G3 (Blue Dynamic - 95Ah - and cheaper...) as replacement and so far so good.

Please be aware that 2.7l and 3.0l C6 may need more powerful batteries than my 2.2l.

Regards.
Valleybuoy   
Tue Dec 02 2014, 01:53pm
Member No: #1069
I had a faulty battery that was diagnosed as beyond saving by AA.

Bearing in mind i) it's a fiddly job to replace as the space is very tight, ii) as others have said if it doesn't get the right power the car plays up in all sorts of mysterious ways, and iii) you get what you pay for to a degree, I got a Citroen replacement fitted at the Citroen dealer. Comes with a guarantee and cost about £200 fitted from memory.
M21   
Wed Dec 03 2014, 11:17am
Hi,

I didn't found the battery hard to replace. Sure you've to disassemble to access the area, but you can find pretty useful tutorials in our forum.

Regarding value for money, I think Varta's Silver Line H3 still is the best option...

So, it's kind like this:

- Premium choice: OEM Citroën (manufactured by Varta)
- Value for money: Varta's Silver Line H3
- Budget: Varta's Blue Dynamic G3 (* 95 Ah may not be suitable for 2.7l or 3.0l)

Cheers.
verycleverman   
Fri Jan 04 2019, 04:37pm
Member No: #65
Just thought I'd mention that I replaced my battery this morning. I bought a Yuasa HSB019 100AH, 900CCA from Halfords; £132.00, or £105.60 with a trade card. It took me a while to replace it as I'm getting old and have a bad back.
To add to the guides above, it isn't necessary to remove the boot light, the connector on the back of it comes off easily enough.
I found the original battery and the replacement very difficult to lift in and out due to the 23.6kg weight and the tight fit in the support plate. I also used one of those power station 12v batteries for jump starting, not much use on a 2.7l diesel, to connect to the jump start connectors under the bonnet so there was no rush in connecting up the new battery.
Finally, I am so glad I don't have the lounge pack on my car. It would have made the job so much more difficult.
ceesix   
Mon Jan 07 2019, 05:51pm
Member No: #1464
Why should having the Lounge pack make the job more difficult?
ul9601   
Mon Jan 07 2019, 06:54pm
Member No: #1975
It seems like just the matter of removing LH trim panel, then the battery is fully exposed. I personally haven't replaced the battery but I don't see the access is any different.
MGmike   
Mon Jan 07 2019, 11:46pm
Member No: #3151
ul9601 wrote ...

It seems like just the matter of removing LH trim panel, then the battery is fully exposed. I personally haven't replaced the battery but I don't see the access is any different.

It is but the LH trim panel has a number of fastenings that are easier to reach with the drop down rear seat, especially if you have mobility/back problems like verycleverman

ul9601   
Tue Jan 08 2019, 12:19am
Member No: #1975
MGmike wrote ...

ul9601 wrote ...

It is but the LH trim panel has a number of fastenings that are easier to reach with the drop down rear seat, especially if you have mobility/back problems like verycleverman

Mine came with a whole bunch of fixing fasteners missing so that's probably why it was so easy...
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club