Cigar lighter power when ignition off?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Franck   
Sat Oct 27 2012, 10:38am
Member No: #858
Hi all,

I used to be able to leave a device on charge overnight, from one of the cigar lighters in my C5, but in the C6, it seems all 3 of the cigar lighters lose power when ignition is off...

I also have a bluetooth 'Find my car' widget that requires power to transmit, but doesn't work as a result.

Is there any way to power up at least one of the 3 cigar lighters when the car is parked / locked?

I'm missing that feature.

Thanks,

Franck.
C6Dave   
Sat Oct 27 2012, 11:48am

Member No: #1
Not as it stands. They are all fed by ignition live and are subject to 'economy mode' anyway, unless you feed one direct from the battery.

Downside, if you forget and leave the car for a few days you may end up with a flat battery.
Website
Franck   
Mon Oct 29 2012, 01:45pm
C6Dave wrote ...

Not as it stands. They are all fed by ignition live and are subject to 'economy mode' anyway, unless you feed one direct from the battery.

Downside, if you forget and leave the car for a few days you may end up with a flat battery.
Thanks Dave, that's really disappointing.
In my previous C5s (4 models), running the battery down had never been an issue...
How easy would it be to change the wiring to feed off the battery direct?
C6Dave   
Mon Oct 29 2012, 03:39pm

Member No: #1
Franck wrote ...

How easy would it be to change the wiring to feed off the battery direct?

If I remember correctly the ignition switched and permanent live are red and yellow but your better off leaving that alone

How you would wire one lighter socket is up to you.

You could run a live from the battery and BJD did a tutorial - Click Here - on adding an additional power socket you could follow for the C6 and connect that direct to the battery or connect the boot power point direct to the battery and run an extension through to between the armrests
Website
Franck   
Mon Oct 29 2012, 03:48pm
C6Dave wrote ...

You could run a live from the battery and BJD did a tutorial - Click Here - on adding an additional power socket you could follow for the C6 and connect that direct to the battery or connect the boot power point direct to the battery and run an extension through to between the armrests
That sounds like a great plan, but I'm not registered on the C4owners Forum, so do not have access to the download..

Thanks for your quick reply though, I'll probably get my garage to fit it for me.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club