C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Citroen C6 cam belt change

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
furriegurrie   
Sun Oct 02 2016, 03:48pm
Member No: #2448
The tweeting points a bit to the alternator pulley. If this isn't working as it should (it's not a fixed pulley, but it can freely turn 1 way but not the other) it will cause extra flapping of the aux belt (which also drives the waterpump I believe). I had a belt that was flapping more than it should and te sound of crickets/birds on idling too. Replacing the pulley fixed both. The description or howto is on this site somewhere....
C6Chester   
Tue Oct 04 2016, 12:19pm
Member No: #2287
Took it to the garage (non-Citroen) and they had a look and said the water pump was pretty much totally bust.

They're replacing that and the alternator belt/pulley for me for £250. Reasonable?
e3steve   
Wed Oct 05 2016, 08:40pm
Member No: #1163
C6Chester wrote ...

Took it to the garage (non-Citroen) and they had a look and said the water pump was pretty much totally bust.

They're replacing that and the alternator belt/pulley for me for £250. Reasonable?
While they're in there, pulling the water pump, it would be a sound decision to replace the timing belt, tensioner and idler...

Citroën menu price for the timing belt job is, I believe, £295; I don't think that includes the water pump. It certainly won't include the serpentine belt or its idler.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club