Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Part number for heated seat element required & more?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
yorkxx   
Tue Sep 11 2012, 10:40pm
Member No: #1005
Anyone have the part number for the front heated seat elements and photo?

Also a diagram or photos of how to dismantle the seat to get to element?

I had a look under the seat and changing this element may well be easier than it looks "he say's tentatively", anyway' I noticed that there are small clips holding on to the seat frame, one of these was off leading me to realise that these clips are holding the seat pad in place.

By removing a couple of them - the top seat pad became slack, so they may well be the clips that allow access to the element without removing the seat from the car, anyone confirm that?

And would one need to re-programe the seat and everything associated with it in the event the seat has to be completely removed from the car?

Update on the heated seat issue from earlier post; I put my car in for what was to be a warranty claim, "coughing and choking" later that day they told me the Element was faulty and it would cost £2000 to fix, AYE RIGHT!! £279 for x2 tire pressure sensors over and above that too.

Believe it or not the dealer say's the warranty should cover these, but the warranty company say no!!

So there is now a "heated" discussion going on between them, the dealer is adamant they should cover, it will be an interesting outcome?

Now judging by er-em - Ebay, the Synergie Citroen (whatever that is) has these elements and quote a price of around £39 each, anyone know if these are the same elements?

If don't get any satisfaction from these companies then I'll fix it myself.

Any help would be welcome though?

Cheers
C6Dave   
Wed Sep 12 2012, 06:26am

Member No: #1
Well, the element is bonded to the seat cover and Citroen only sell a complete seat cover which is why your being quoted £2,000

There are some seats being sold on eBay at a lot less than the cost of new ones.

BTW the electric seat removal guide is in the Technical Documents section: - Click Here - and the question has been covered before on site
Website
michaelb   
Wed Sep 12 2012, 08:22am
Member No: #14
If your 3rd party warranty is like the one on my current car they exclude problems brought about by loose wiring (which is nice of them). If the garage is on your side they might be able to explain to the warranty company that a Citroën manufactured part has failed, not the wiring.

This should be covered.
James   
Wed Sep 12 2012, 12:57pm
Member No: #817
In the past I had to the threaten the garage with the small claims court, since they sold me the warranty and the car: the warranty was - effectively - not fit for the purpose it had been sold for. It amazes me what warranty companies get away with.
yorkxx   
Wed Sep 12 2012, 07:39pm
Yes James I agree, it's in the wording ie; "Consequential Loss" It's Insurance speak much like that old legal term "In good faith" same thing, that's the wriggle out I'm afraid!

C6Dave , I went to the link you gave re; diagrams, but it's say's there's no downloads, I did click on download, nothing happened, can you shed some light on this please?

Good point michaelb, I will let the Dealer know that, the Director of the Dealership will phone me tomorrow, so I've been told, they are definitely on my side and see why the heated panel
should be replaced, I think the problem is the enormous price tag on fitting + part, that's what the Dealer can't understand, they said it's disproportionate to the part that requires replacing, they said they have replaced them themselves at a fraction of the cost.

I would agree with them.

I noticed that there are retro-fit heated elements available and I noted Citroen tested the Element with a volt meter and said it was open circuit, that tells me that it's standard part - apart from the so-called bonded bit, they did not use diagnostic computer for a fault code, If I can get to the heat pad I will fix it in some way, I've done it in the past, this car should be no different.

cheers
C6Dave   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 06:33am

yorkxx wrote ...

C6Dave , I went to the link you gave re; diagrams, but it's say's there's no downloads, I did click on download, nothing happened, can you shed some light on this please?

?? Downloads appear fine for me: - Click Here -
Website
yorkxx   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 12:43pm
Hi Dave, the downloads worked today, but not yesterday - anyway, at least
I have a wee bit info on this now.

I notice that the "C6 front set cover parts RHD Vitali.pdf" download is the same as the Heated seat fault download, has this been put in the wrong area or is there another download
I'm missing?

I am looking for part numbers and how to disassemble the upper heated pad specifically.

Cheers
C6Dave   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 01:30pm

Download fixed for fault finding on the seat.

There isn't anything at all on how to disassemble the upper heated pad, or the lower cone to that as (repeating myself again) Citroen will only sell the upper or lower seat covers with the elements bonded in.
Website
yorkxx   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 02:33pm
Hi Dave,

yes I'm sure your fed up with repeating yourself, but this is a big learning curve for a new C6 owner or for any technical Car for that matter, any help regardless of how trivial is valid and welcome from you and all the Guy's on here, I've not been party to this forum before and I'm finding my way round it - slowly!

I will put in as much as I take out, this forum is a great asset otherwise we would fumble in the dark, so thanks for all the help.

Re; the Heated seat issue, it look's like you don't have to remove the Seat to replace the heated element, there are Grey plastic clips that hold the Leather seat pad on to the seat frame itself, these can be easily reached when the seat is at full height, if you don't want to disconnect the battery doing this job then so you don't lose any fingers or trap a hand, put the seat to full hight and position for best access, then press the seat memory button so it remembers this position just in case of emergency, you can then press the button and seat will go to full height service position you have selected, I would test this first before commencement of work.

I will be carrying out this work first opportunity, I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers
C6Dave   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 03:12pm

Are you sure it's the heated element your looking at and not the 'lane departure' rumble device?

That can be changed as I have seen a C4 related doc on it, but not a C6 one for some reason.
Website
yorkxx   
Thu Sep 13 2012, 08:41pm
Hi Dave,

yes, it looks like the heated seat part, big cushion, it looks like the correct part, one would imagine that the element is the closest to one's bum!

Have a look yourself, raise the seat, get a torch and look at the underside, forget all the wiring etc, just look at the rim of the bottom of the seat, then at the front of the seat where the leather turns under the seat rim you can feel these long plastic clips, I popped the front one off and put it on easily, the whole seat Pad became slack, so I reckon that's how it's done.

I raised a point with a Citroen mechanic on Monday that the Drivers seat would obviously be the one to go quicker than the rest due to use naturally, but with the Lane Departure warning vibrating at the same place, this may well contribute to the element going quicker that normal, he said I had a point and he hadn't thought of that, it might cause a issue over a longer term, who know's?

I've to phone a Citroen Master Mechanic next Thursday when he returns from holiday, Citroen Head office give me a number so I could do this, they said he would answer all my questions.....So this should be interesting eh!

"Master Mechanic" One who has completed All courses to the highest standard.

If I can I will photograph the procedure as I'm doing it and post it on here if I'm successful.

Cheers

Doug
C6Dave   
Fri Sep 14 2012, 06:19am

A guide would be much appreciated for future reference if you can photograph the process especially
Website
yorkxx   
Sat Sep 15 2012, 10:06am
Hi Dave,

yes I will give this a go and photograph it as I do the job, I'm waiting for the Dealer to agree on parts replacement if I carry out the work, they are in discussions with the warranty company.
now, it's either give Citroen £2000 or let me have a go at a much lower cost, this will be a first for me if the do pay, it seems they may well do.

Fingers crossed, let you know how I do.

Cheers
Pracli   
Mon Mar 30 2020, 08:22am
Member No: #3537
Here is some guide if you want to disassembly the front heated seats.
It takes around 4h.
The broken wires were between the two segments of the sitting area
Bypassed both wires
Foam is glued back with universal purpose "Pattex" glue.
The biggest challenge was to remove the side cover, because the clips are in opposite position on to the other.
The green 4 Pin connector is connected to LIN ECU bottom of the seat, and multimeter shows following:
-NTC Pin2+Pin3 (yellow wire) High value, around 5000 Ohm
-Heating line Pin1+Pin4 (brown and grey) Low value, around 2 Ohm

cruiserphil   
Mon Mar 30 2020, 09:21am

Member No: #38
Hello Pracli,

Thanks for posting!

Best regards,

Phil C.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club