Author Post
Gobxoy   
Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:49am
Member No: #786
Must check mine.
PHaTGRoB   
Tue Sep 04 2012, 05:52pm
Member No: #994
The best way to see if there's a problem is to lift the passenger carpet.

To check water in the A-Pillar, take off the pillar trim piece below the fascia and use a straw inserted into the hole in the vertical pillar as a pipette - push it right down to the base of the pillar and put your finger over the top, then withdraw. Any water in the straw shows there's water in the pillar.

When I'd finished finding the leak, I syphoned 1.5 litres of very clear rainwater from mine. The carpets are drying nicely with the car parked in the late summer sun!
C6Dave   
Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:19pm

Member No: #1
Phatgrob wrote ...

When I'd finished finding the leak, I syphoned 1.5 litres of very clear rainwater from mine. The carpets are drying nicely with the car parked in the late summer sun!

1.5 litres of water?

Have you let your dealer and Citroen know about the issue as that could lead to some early corrosion issues as a minimum, potential electrical issues if the water travels around and gets into the fusebox.......
Website
dsharples   
Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:45pm
Member No: #119
My carpets took a week to dry! And there was water in the footwell! Mine was repaired under warranty - but "Citroen had no heard of any other occurrences".
PHaTGRoB   
Tue Sep 04 2012, 06:45pm
I was very surprised when I first lifted the carpets to find so many wires along the inside of the sill and A-pillar. The water I drained was very clean with no hint of rusty bits. Looking through the hole with a small torch suggested the inside of the pillar was in a pretty good state (where I could see) too.

I've not had it in a local garage since I got it (I bought it from County Durham) but it's due in to Hartwell Citroen, Chester, on Friday to have them sort a hydraulic leak in front of the offside front wheel (I've looked through all the threads on that one), so I'll mention it then so at least it should be registered in case of problems later.

Not sure what they're like as a dealer and service agent as I've never had a Citroen before. It's under the Citroen approved Used Warranty.
PHaTGRoB   
Wed Sep 05 2012, 07:43pm
I think I should have left the garage to sort it out. They're normally rubbish at finding leaks (in fact, at finding the cause of most problems that can't be got from the diagnostics) but I should have let them seal it. However, the rain was coming and I wanted it sealed up. I shall certainly raise it with them though.
PHaTGRoB   
Wed Oct 03 2012, 01:29pm
Just thought that I should report that, even after the biblical rain of the past couple of weeks, no leaks! The carpets are almost dried out fully now. Success.
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club