Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

USB Box - how do you get to the 'root' directory?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Gobxoy   
Thu May 24 2012, 08:19am
Member No: #786
You can also get the USB cable from your local Citroën/Peugeot dealer the part number is 6574JH about the same money but plus vat instead of postage?

There is a picture here :- - Click Here -
smorphet   
Thu May 24 2012, 12:19pm
Member No: #88
One problem with copying onto the 10GB hard drive is that the transfer is a bit slow, so you probably won't be changing the music on there very often. You can, of course, just play MP3s from a CD. I've resigned myself to not being able to connect an Apple device directly, but have settled on something that works for me. I'm sure you will too.

I did get a video cable so I can plug my phone into the aux sockets and watch TV on the screen. I don't think I've ever used it, other than as an expensive phone charger.

pclark - The USB box does work with Navidrive, but it's an analogue connection to the CD changer port so there's no way to display data like track names on the screen. I understand that the RD4 radio (Lignage) is able to display track names from the USB box. Perhaps this is the incompatibility you were thinking of?

Steve.
pclark   
Thu May 24 2012, 03:37pm
Member No: #3
Yes Steve that's exactly what I meant. I knew it was the screen that was the problem on Navidrive models. In this case how do you select music - on the phone or ipod itself? When I had the USB box on my C5 (not Navidrive)the display on the ipod was blanked by the system, presumably to avoid drivers trying to select music from it while driving.
smorphet   
Thu May 24 2012, 10:30pm
Member No: #88
If I remember correctly, the USB box presents an iPod to Navidrive as a CD changer with 6 CDs in it. The first five albums on the iPod show up as CDs 1 to 5, and the remainder as CD 6, with >99 tracks. Music is selected just as if using a CD changer, e.g. using the little wheel and buttons on the steering column stalk. I think most people probably have more than six albums on their iPod (except, perhaps, my mum, who has been playing the same CD in her C1 for several years!) so almost everything turns up in CD 6. With no text to help find what you're after, it's almost impossible.

I almost can't believe it was really that bad. Perhaps I was doing something wrong...

Steve.
James   
Fri May 25 2012, 09:09am
Member No: #817
pclark wrote ...

When I had the USB box on my C5 (not Navidrive)the display on the ipod was blanked by the system, presumably to avoid drivers trying to select music from it while driving.

When I had one in my first C6 (a lignage, no Navidrive, no Cd Changer) it treated everything plugged in as a generic USB storage device, so I think that's what the ipod was doing, rather than the USB box specifically understanding it and putting it "No-touchy-touchy" mode.
C6Dave   
Fri May 25 2012, 10:15am

Member No: #1
Press button 2 on the head unit and you get track etc info in short form
Website
Guilho   
Wed Feb 06 2013, 10:42am
Member No: #1178
I bought last week the USB-BOX for my C6. I think my C6 has a RT-3 audio system because the NaviDrive maps are on a CD, the radio has a little hole for phone card input. Is the USB-BOX compatible with this audio system ?

Is it easy to create playlists in a USB interface pen drive and display the music albuns and tracks on the car's display screen ?
Thanks
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club