Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

CCC CX, XM and Xantia Rally 2012 - 7-9th September.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
black_exclusive   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 06:46pm
Member No: #126
There's big news about the CX, XM and Xantia Rally. Following the CX Section Committe Meeting that was held at the DSM, we are pleased to announce details for the Rally (7-9th September). Please see below for the Rally Advert...

As you can see from the advert above, the main change is that it is Free Entry! You don't have to pay a penny to enter the field and camping is free of charge too! No expensive entry here at all...

We will of course have a convoy again, kindly organised by Jim, to Bletchley Park (home of the WW2 Decoding Machine; Enigma, and other interesting features). Jim is organising a scenic route through the lanes and backroads and upon arrival we can park outside the mansion in the oval. Perfect for photos... This is happening on Saturday at 1:00pm and we have a group visit booked - entry is £12 per head. See their website for what this fantastic location has to offer: - Click Here -

Cooked Buffet Breakfasts are available on Saturday and Sunday Mornings (from 8am to 10am) at the Shoulder of Mutton Pub next to the Rally Site (£4 per head).

The Fish and Chip Van will be coming around on Friday Evening as is the usual...

For Saturday Evening we have organised a meal to be held at the Shoulder of Mutton Pub. A menu was drawn up with the Pub that features a wide choice so (hopefully!) everyone will be catered for. The menu is below, and a vegetarian option will of course be available. Menu subject to change.

Starters - Smoked Salmon, Paté Dish, Tomato and Basil Salad.

Mains - Beef Bourguignon, Coq au Vin, Old Smokey Burger (Pub Special).

Desert - Tart ou Citron, Chocolate Fudge Cake, Profiteroles.

The cost for the meal is £15 per head and will be at 7:30pm on Saturday Evening.

Refreshments on the Saturday and Sunday Afternoons will be available in the kitchen that include Filled Rolls, Tea, Coffee and Soft Drinks.

There will be trophies for Best CX, XM and Xantia present, with rosettes too for 1st, 2nd and 3rd (like the X Rally). Also there is of course the Roger Bradford “Roger’s Choice” Trophy (the car he would exclaim "Good God" at if he had seen it...) and the Eileen Stearnes Trophy (the car that has been brought back from the dead/improved the most and deserves special recognition...)

...and of course the brilliant atmosphere that is only the CX, XM and Xantia Rally!

All Citroen are welcome, and would be great to see some forum vehicles there!
ciao_chao   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 09:48pm
Member No: #518
Why is this one not called the X-rally?
theguardian   
Tue Jun 12 2012, 09:57pm
Member No: #645
any of the c6ers going im in on this one as i didnt make it to this location last w/end forthe dsm rally the work thing reared its ugly head
black_exclusive   
Wed Jun 13 2012, 06:22pm
ciao_chao wrote ...
Why is this one not called the X-rally?

This particular Rally Chao used to be called the CX Rally, then the CXM Rally when interest improved in XMs and recently the CX, XM and Xantia Rally as once again interest increased in Xantias with good turnouts.

The people that went to this show expressed interest in another show happening earlier in the year as the wait to September was too long. Also, BXers wanted a Show, and the X Rally held in April was born catered for CX, XM, BXs and Xantias.

The CX, XM and Xantia Rally is different to the X Rally: a weekend rather than a single day; organised meal; convoy drive etc. However all Citroens are still welcome.
Trainman   
Thu Jun 14 2012, 06:14am

Member No: #86
theguardian wrote ...
any of the c6ers going

OH YES
theguardian   
Thu Jun 14 2012, 08:06am
hi steve
in that case will see you there at least we can have a pint or two and catch up on things + not worry about driving home
black_exclusive   
Thu Jun 14 2012, 09:15pm
If you plan to attend the Evening Meal and/or participate in the Visit to Bletchley Park on the Saturday, could you let me know please (PM or email to cx_secretary AT citroencarclub DOT org DOT uk

This will help in gauging the numbers for both, and in turn help our planning etc.

Thanks!
Hattershaun   
Wed Jul 18 2012, 05:06am
Member No: #320
I'll be going to this rally.
Anyone who's not been before (I've attended many times) please be encouraged, as I've always had a great time, especially if you stay over & join in with the evening banter brigade.

I think we should aim for a record number of C6 in attendance this time.
theguardian   
Wed Jul 18 2012, 08:10am
hi shaun i will be there for one night at least, more than likely the sat
eta 1.30ish not sure about the whole w/end yet if i can get the towbar fitted in time then i can bring my sons caravan up and stay for the whole rally.
anyways may see you on the 27th of this month at the woolpack for the southern c6ers meet
regards ron
Jason   
Wed Jul 18 2012, 08:47am
Member No: #233
As it's not far from where I live, I might drop in on the Sunday. I'm oop north on the Friday and Saturday.
Trainman   
Wed Jul 18 2012, 09:32am

Member No: #86
Well, I'm planning to be there for the whole weekend. Got a bit of a job on while I'm down there, but more of that later.......

Jason, How far into 'oop north' maybe I'll pass you heading 'dawn souff'
black_exclusive   
Wed Jul 18 2012, 07:01pm
Good to hear Shaun. Indeed, the evening's "entertainment" are the best...

I know you mentioned Ron that you'd be there for around 1:30, but try to make it a bit earlier for 1:00pm for the convoy drive on the Saturday if you can...

If we could get a good number of C6s and Modern C's there that would be great. I know that a DS3 Racing is also going to be there too...
ciao_chao   
Fri Jul 20 2012, 09:00pm
Member No: #518
I should be able to manage the 7/8th of September, though potentially busy on the 9th.
wiltscub   
Tue Jul 24 2012, 02:38pm
Member No: #886
I'd be interested in this though staying overnight would be an issue for me particularly on the Friday... What time would it be best to join on Saturday morning?
black_exclusive   
Tue Jul 24 2012, 02:59pm
wiltscub wrote ...
I'd be interested in this though staying overnight would be an issue for me particularly on the Friday... What time would it be best to join on Saturday morning?

Probably from around 9am ish wiltscub? Maybe a bit later as depends when people surface after the Friday Night! The convoy run out to Bletchley Park is at 1:00pm in the afternoon on Saturday.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club